cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX25 PDK Booting - Reg

arumugamramasam
Contributor II

Hi,

I am planning to use iMX25 PDK for one of my new development. I bought this kit and powered up with debug board, personality board and CPU Board connected properly. Also I have referred the user guide and set proper switches to make the boards boot from onboard nand flash. When I saw the booting sequences with a terminal program, I am seeing a link error when the system try to establish a connection to my DHCP server. I don't know what should I do to make the DHCP connectivity and make the image run fully. Help me on how to trouble shoot this error. I am using Ubuntu 12.04

Thanks,

Arumugam R

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Arumugam,

when you are editing the bootargs, you can change it to ip=none instead of ip=dhcp

MX25 U-Boot > setenv bootargs_nand 'setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mtdblock2 ip=none rootfstype=jffs2'

arumugamramasam
Contributor II

Thanks for the response. I was able to modify bootargs and make that boot. But still there are some errors. I am able to see a screen with a few folders and left bottom a digital clock. Even my Touch screen is very slow in responding. I don’t know whether I have to reload the demo image to the flash.

freescale login: mb-applet-menu-launcher: bonobo-browser.desktop has no icon, png or name

mb-applet-menu-launcher: failed to open /usr/local/share/applications

mb-applet-menu-launcher: failed to open //.applications

mb-applet-menu-launcher: bonobo-browser.desktop has no icon, png or name

mb-applet-menu-launcher: failed to open /usr/local/share/applications

mb-applet-menu-launcher: failed to open //.applications

Thanks,

Arumugam R

0 Kudos