Adding C++ files to CW for MCUs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding C++ files to CW for MCUs

al
Contributor I

After years of working with HCS12 processor and the associated code warrior IDE, we are moving up to the Kinetis K10.

I have been evaluating CW v10.2.  Started out with processor expert to get some basics working.

So, now I attempt to port over some C++ code from our previous HCS 12 project and it fails to compile with these C++ files no matter what I try.

1.  Had to rename files from .c to .cpp - (not required on HCS12 compiler - but not a big deal).

2.  Changed Model to ewl_C++ in Librarian and made sure it was in the path.

Still stuck on "undefined identifier 'class'".

Selected "Force C++ compilation" and it finally seems to compile.  But then I get linker error - >Undefined : "__thumb_startup()".

What am I missing?  Doesn't seem like it should be this hard to add in some C++ files to a project.  Don't remember having to do anything special on the HCS12 compiler to make it work.  Thinking about giving IAR or Keil at try??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Monica
Senior Contributor III

Al, could this be of any help? http://www.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/ref_manual/EWL_CPLUSPLUS_RM.pdf

This reference manual describes the contents of the Embedded Warrior Library for C++.

The C++ Standard library provides an extensible framework, and contains components

for: language support, diagnostics, general utilities, strings, locales, containers, iterators,

algorithms, numerics, and input/output. Additionally, EWL C++ offers extra facilities for

input/output, threads, and other components.

Hope it is!

Monica.

0 Kudos