cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60 + IAR 6.1 + MQX 3.7 TAD debug problems

Jump to solution
Curro
Contributor III

If I work in IAR 6.1 with K60 and MQX 3.6.2 I have no problems in debugging.

I can see Task List, Task Summary, Stack Usage etc...

Migrating to MQX 3.7.0 I can still debug but all MQX and RTCS menus are dimmed.

How can I enable TAD with MQX 3.7.0?

If I came back to MQX 3.6.2 it's all ok, so it's not a Hardware problem.

Any idea?

Many thanks,

Corrado

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Curro
Contributor III

Problem solved.

In project system folders you have only to include MQX system_d.a files. Do not also include system.a files even if you are working in debug mode.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Corrado,

There is a readme file in the folder C:\Program Files\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.7\tools\iar_extensions which explains how to install the TAD manually. I am adding the content bellow. Have you tried these steps?

Best Regards,

Garabo

IAR Task Aware Debugging Plugin
-------------------------------
Content:
   - ARM Task Aware Debugging plugin
      - Tested with Embedded Workbench 5.5 and Embedded Workbench 6.1
   - ColdFire Task Aware Debugging plugin
      - Tested with Embedded Workbench 5.3 

Installation:
   - Close Embedded Workbench
   - Copy a content of the ".\Embedded Workbench X.X" directory to your IAR Workbench installation directory.
   - Ensure that both TAD plugin files are on following location:
   <Program Files>\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench X.X\<platform>\plugins\rtos\mqx\MQXRtosPlugin.ewplugin
   <Program Files>\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench X.X\<platform>\plugins\rtos\mqx\MQXRtosPluginARM.dll

0 Kudos
Curro
Contributor III

Hi Garabo,

I tried but with no result.

I copy the two files (MQXRtosPlugin.ewplugin and MQXRtosPluginARM.dll) from my installation folder C:\Data\Freescale MQX 3.7\tools\iar_extensions\Embedded Workbench 6.X\arm\plugins\rtos\mqx to IAR folder C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.0\arm\plugins\rtos\MQX.

As you can see in a picture of my previous answer, I think the problem is plugin version I have in my MQX 3.7 installation package.

On MQXRtosPluginARM.dll file -> right click -> properties -> i have version 4.4.1(CSpy 6.x, FLSMQXOS 3.6.1)

I think I need FLSMQXOS 3.7.0 but I can't find it.

Do you have my configuration (IAR 6.1 and MQX 3.7.0)? Your TAD is ok? If yes, can you please look at your MQXRtosPluginARM.dll properties?

Many thanks,

Corrado

0 Kudos
Curro
Contributor III

Problem solved.

In project system folders you have only to include MQX system_d.a files. Do not also include system.a files even if you are working in debug mode.

0 Kudos
KJFPE
Contributor III

Hi Just in case this is of any use I am using IAR and MQX 3.8 and the TAD is working but when migrating from 3.6 to 3.7 perhaps the MQX setting have been turn off, so to turn them back on shown below

MQX.bmp

0 Kudos
Curro
Contributor III

Hi Kevin,

I still made this setting but with no result.

I tried both MQX 3.6 and MQX 3.7 plugins. I copy them form \Freescale MQX 3.X\tools\iar_extensions\Embedded Workbench 6.X\arm\plugins\rtos\mqx to C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.0\arm\plugins\rtos\MQX,

This is for 3.6

3.6.jpg

and this for 3.7

3.7.jpg

As you can see description for 3.6 is "MQX Kernel Awareness (ARM)" and for 3.7 is "MQX Kernel Awareness (ARM) for CSpy 6.x".

Using 3.6 plugin it's all ok working with MQX 3.6.

If I work with MQX 3.7 I get the same problem both with 3.6 and 3.7 plugins:

menu.jpg

Can you please tell me if you changed C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.0\arm\plugins\rtos\MQX files or what you find in this folder?

Many thanks in advance,

Corrado

0 Kudos
KJFPE
Contributor III

Hi Corrado,

I didn't change any files in my C:\Program Files\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.4\arm\plugins\rtos\MQX

My only other thought is the firmware in your debugger mine is a J-link and previously things stop working with different versions of workbench, j-link and MQX, if you can I would try the latest versions.

My plugin is version 4.6.0.0

Kevin

0 Kudos
Curro
Contributor III

I think you are right.

If I look at dll properties in \Freescale MQX 3.X\tools\iar_extensions\Embedded Workbench 6.X\arm\plugins\rtos\mqx file I get both for 3.6 and 3.7 this:

3.7.jpg

so FLSMQXOS 3.6.1.

Properties in \Freescale MQX 3.8\tools\iar_extensions\Embedded Workbench 6.X\arm\plugins\rtos\mqx are:

3.8.jpg

so FLSMQXOS 3.8.0.

FLSMQXOS 3.7.0 is not avaible from standard Freescale MQX installation packages.

I have not even found them on internet.

I can't understand how you worked with MQX 3.7.0.

Is your IAR version 6.1 or higher?

Many thanks for your time and regards,

Corrado

0 Kudos