cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW10.2 .s19 files

Jump to solution
bob_walker
Contributor III

Has anyone figured out how to format the line length in .s19 files?

I need lines of 32 bytes of data max. The Linker Settings have no options for this. Furthermore, the file created has a .sx suffix.

Where are the .s19 options for file creation?

I have gone through the Burner document and see that those options are there. Do I need the Burner to read the .abs file, process it

and send it to a .s19 file? One would think that these features SHOULD be set up in the Linker Settings.....

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the linker usually only offers the minimal settings. I use the burner as postlinker to do the more advanced stuff (see S-Record, Intel Hex and Binary Files | MCU on Eclipse).

I hope this helps,

Erich

PS: which microcontroller/compiler are you using, btw? Things are always a little bit different for each toolchain, e.g. gcc is different from the Freescale compilers, etc.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the linker usually only offers the minimal settings. I use the burner as postlinker to do the more advanced stuff (see S-Record, Intel Hex and Binary Files | MCU on Eclipse).

I hope this helps,

Erich

PS: which microcontroller/compiler are you using, btw? Things are always a little bit different for each toolchain, e.g. gcc is different from the Freescale compilers, etc.

0 Kudos
bob_walker
Contributor III

Just what I needed. Thanks Erich and Carl.

0 Kudos
CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

I have a project which we changed the .bbl file directly to 32 bit address and when I compile the S19 output changes accordingly from 0x0000 to 0x00000000. You will see how it works when you open the bbl file.

If you try this and can not work it out let me know and I will track the project down, open it all up and find the change I made.