how to configure usb otg as device mode in imx535 qsb board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure usb otg as device mode in imx535 qsb board?

Jump to solution
venkateshp
Contributor I

Hi,

i was used imx535 QSB board i having one problem how to configure otg as device mode was not working .In device mode OTG id pin connected to ground or External 5v otherwise i want connected for both ah.In menuconfig settings i was used this following one 

Below BOTH OTG configs  are removed or not SET

CONFIG_MXC_OTG, CONFIG_USB_OTG

Host Config NOT SET

CONFIG_USB_EHCI_ARC_OTG

OTG device config SET

"CONFIG_USB_GADGET

If above configuration settings is correct or not .Please update this USB OTG device mode configuration settings and OTG id pin status which one is DEVICE /HOST mode.

Thanks,

Venkatesh.P

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
3 Replies
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, I´m a little bit confused.

What board are you using?

Did you take a look on imx53_START_linux.pdf?

0 Kudos
venkateshp
Contributor I

hi,

I am using IMX53 Quick start Board Development kit....in OTG Device Mode was not working....Now our OTG ID pin connected to EXT 5V and gnd.  And i was set in Menuconfig settings for enabled CONFIG_USB_GADGET .Disabled the following drivers  CONFIG_MXC_OTG, CONFIG_USB_OTG and CONFIG_USB_EHCI_ARC_OTG.

Following one I was refered in IMX53QSBRAM.pdf

The connector’s external USB 5V power

pin is connected to the USB_OTG_ID pin, which is normally pulled to ground via a 3.3K Ohm resistor.

When a powered USB Host device is attached to the micro-B USB connector, the USB_OTG_ID pin is

pulled high and sends a signal to the USB OTG PHY to operate in device mode. The connector’s external

USB 5V power pin is not connected to the PMIC, or any other power rails on the Quick Start board.

Therefore, it is not possible to supply power to the Quick Start board via the USB connections.

what are all modifications i want to done for IMX53 Board to work in OTG-Device mode .please clarify this one.

Thanks by,

Venakt.

0 Kudos