Is there a common compiler that runs under eclipse for 9s12 and coldfire that runs on Win7?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a common compiler that runs under eclipse for 9s12 and coldfire that runs on Win7?

nikhilthiruveng
Contributor I

Hi Guys,

I want to know whether there is a common compiler that runs under eclipse, maybe, for 9s12 and ColdFire, that runs on Win7.

Are there compilers other than Codewarrior for 9s12 and Coldfire????

Thanks in advance.

N

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

mike_w
Contributor II

Sorry that I can't speak from direct experience - but Coldfire and 9s12 are supported by GCC (Gnu Compiler Collection) and there are Windows (and Cygwin ...) builds of GCC tools, you will have to search for a suitable solution, and maybe post it here for others to find !

Note that you will probably need to respecify most of your compiler/linker options when changing over; although most of the features will transfer over, they might be differently expressed.

You will need to 'plumb in' the compiler to Eclipse by changing the Preferences: C/C++ settings

An alternative approach is to install a Linux Virtual Machine (VirtualBox, VMWare have free editions and Ubuntu is easy to install) and use that to run your [GCC?] Linux build environment from within Windows - this has the advantage that once set up and working, you can 'clone' the VM image to save colleagues the trouble of setting up their own each time, and the whole working environment can be archived as one file if required. At least some effort is required to share directories etc between your real and virtual machines. ...

nikhilthiruveng
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply Mike....

0 Kudos