cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM with Tower kit

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hi pgo,

Is it now possible to flash USBDM image (USBDM_TWR_CFV1_V4.sx) into JM60 osbdm ?

regards,

Emmanuel

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Emmanuel,

The USBDM_TWR_CFV1_V4.sx is intended specifically for a TWR-CFV1 board and only implements the functionality available on that board i.e. the CFV1 interface.  It is not suitable for a general JM60-OSBDM.

I am not aware of any commercially available units implementing the full JM60-OSBDM hardware and have not bothered producing firmware for same.  There are some details that would depend upon exactly how the interface was implemented.

bye

0 Kudos

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Dear pgo,

When I'm saying "JM60 osbdm", I was talking about my TWR-MCF51CN and TWR-MCF51JF, I tried to flash the image file with the PE-Micro update utilities, without any success, the program seems to hang, and USB device is not enumerated by windows.

Which tools should I use to flash it ?

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Emmanuel,

The USBDM software is incompatible with the OSBDM bootloader.

It is necessary to use an external HCS08 programmer to re-program the board.  There is a 6-pin JM60 BDM header on the board for this purpose.

You can restore the P&E Software from the images available on their web site if you wish to go back but this will again require an external programmer..

bye

0 Kudos

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Thanks, for confirm this, I will try later, and USBDM is really faster than OSBDM

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

HI Emmanuel,

I doubt whether there would be much difference in speed with the CFV1 Versions of OSBDM and USBDM but I will be interested to see what your results are.  They would both be limited by the BDM interface speed which is mostly determined by the target rather than the BDM interface.

The big difference is with the Kinetis SWD interface since USBDM takes advantage of the SPI interface whereas I presume OSBDM uses bit-banging?

bye

0 Kudos

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

pgo,

In fact, speed transfer should be the same, but gdi interface seems to have better responsiveness than OSBDm, it's just a question of feeling.

And of course, you can benefit USBDM fllashing tools

Salut

0 Kudos