Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&E USB BDM Rev.D problem

Jump to solution
sebasira
Senior Contributor I

Hi all!

I've been working for years with several P&E BDM, and we have also break and repair some of them. But now, we receive 2 brand new BDM Rev.D and windows XP does not recognize any of them on 4 different computers, where all the other BDM we have work perfectly (BDM Rev.C)

We have USB 2.0 patch apply on the 4 PCs, and we use CW v3.1 and v4.6. When we connect the new BDM to the PC it doesn't appear under device manager. And the BDM LEDs remain off.

The strange thing is that accidentaly, we find out that if we connect the BDM to a USB hub, then the BDM works, That's strange, because the hub reduce USB speed. It's a chinesse hub with no external supply and it is USB 1.1.

We also try updating the BDM firmware. It said that it already has the latest, but we modify the firmware version number so we can force the change. We also load this firmware on the BDM revC and work without a problem.

One more thing, we ran the P&E Driver Test and all the files are detected

Can anybody help me here?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sebasira
Senior Contributor I

Hi Tom!

Yes, it says "Enhanced Bus Controller".

For now, the only solution we found is to downgrade the BDM firmware from v5.84(latest) to v5.79

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tom_thompson
Contributor III

Clearly there's some link with the USB version. Do your XP systems support USB 2.0?

To check, in the Device Manager, expand the USB Serial Bus Controller tree. For the Host Controller entries, if the word "enhanced" appears then it has USB 2.0. If not, it's USB 1.1.

---Tom

sebasira
Senior Contributor I

Hi Tom!

Yes, it says "Enhanced Bus Controller".

For now, the only solution we found is to downgrade the BDM firmware from v5.84(latest) to v5.79

0 Kudos