Where to find the FREESCALE LTIB discusison if any and any updates if any

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find the FREESCALE LTIB discusison if any and any updates if any

johnclark
Contributor I

Where does one find information on the package that is sent out with 'freescale' enhancements to the LTIB environment.

The package I've received in 'brand new' P1020 units, has a linux version that is pretty 'old', linux-2.6.32, is seems to be about 3 years old.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can find a newer Linux SDK supporting P1020 here:

Linux SDK for QorIQ Processors Product Summary Page

It's no longer LTIB-based.

0 Kudos

johnclark
Contributor I

Thanks for the URL.

However in the intervening time I've gotten OpenWRT up and running on the P1020wlan board I'm working with.

As for the SDK at the given URL, I had some amount of difficulty downloading the package for the 'source' SDK ISO image. There were numerous aborted/truncated attempts. Eventually I had to resort to using Internet Explorer on a Vista machine which seemed to be successful, in that when I mounted the ISO image on my linux box, the tar.gz image untarred correctly. (Vista and apparently Windows 7 doesn't seem to have a 'native' ISO mounting capability... yet another reason why I don't typically use anything from Microsoft.).

Upon looking at the SDK, it appears to now use something environment called 'yocto'... yet another environment to end all environments I suppose.

One of the 'benefits' of using the th OpenWRT environment, is that there seems to be a lot of activity on the entire package.

Fortunately there was some amount of activity to get the P1020/mpc85xx supported, which once I found a person who had the patches, getting a reliable kernel up was pretty quick.

The other benefit specifically for 'wifi' issues is that there is a quantum leap's worth of activity in drivers for the various wifi interfaces, and in particular the Atheros chip sets. While the current OpenWRT linux seems to be 3.3.8, that is more 'recent'  than the 3.0.18 that seems to be the highest the SDK seems to have support for.

The other issue with Wifi support is that quite a bit of activity for the various drivers is found in a package called 'compat-drivers' which stands outside of the main linux build, and the OpenWRT build environment takes that in to account.

0 Kudos