cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 mainline kernel support

Jump to solution
Martin1z
Contributor III

We are currently working on the latest i.MX6 BSP from freescale (3.0.35) which meanwhile is running very reliably. On the other hand we also had arranged some tests with the mainline kernel version, which I suppose primarily was developed by the linaro team.

So is there the intention from freescale to also integrate i.MX6 support to mainline officially?

Labels (2)
1 Solution
JerryZeng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, that's our long term goal. And we're woring toward this step by step. Shawn Guo from Freescale is the maintainer of MX6 BSP in the community.

But be frankly, there's still a long way to go. And for some drivers like IPU, we can not support the new architecture in a short time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JerryZeng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, that's our long term goal. And we're woring toward this step by step. Shawn Guo from Freescale is the maintainer of MX6 BSP in the community.

But be frankly, there's still a long way to go. And for some drivers like IPU, we can not support the new architecture in a short time.

subodhharmalkar
Contributor II

Hi Jerry,

Is there any update from Shawn / other Linaro-maintainer team members from Freescale about when the HW accelaration will be available in Linaro? We are eagerly waiting for it.

Thanks.

Subodh

0 Kudos