Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX53-Android-WIFI

Jump to solution
praveenkumard
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I want to port my wifi drivers to IMX53-start R board(Android-2.3), my wifi driver works through CLI, but i want to integrate my Wifi drivers such that it should make use of the User Interface which is coming along with the OS. I made some changes in wifi.c file so i am able to insert my wifi modules, when i enable the wifi in GUI, after inserting the modules i need to execute another command to drive my driver into another state, i tried by using system and exec calls but they didn't worked for me.  I need to port wifi hotspot also,So please help me how and where in need to make the changes.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
NitinGarg1z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Praveen,

You need to make changes to the Wifi HAL (wifi.c) to drive your driver into another state. There may be file permission issue which you can fix by setting the right owner and group via init.rc file. You can also use uevent to execute scripts on udev events.

Regards,

Nitin Garg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NitinGarg1z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Praveen,

You need to make changes to the Wifi HAL (wifi.c) to drive your driver into another state. There may be file permission issue which you can fix by setting the right owner and group via init.rc file. You can also use uevent to execute scripts on udev events.

Regards,

Nitin Garg

0 Kudos
RichardZhao
Contributor I

Yes, Nitin is right. And you needs to be careful your wifi dirvier don't need wpa supplicant special changes. As I know, some drivers have its own wpa supplicant.

It also helps figure out the problem if you tell the wifi part number.

0 Kudos
praveenkumard
Contributor II

HI Nitin/Shichang zhao,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions, I have made changes in wifi.c and able to see my modules inserting but after insertion of my modules i need to issue a command to drive it to another state similar to an IOCTL. Similarly I also want to use wifi hotspot, so please suggest me how i can port wifi hotspot also.

0 Kudos
NitinGarg1z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can execute any commad (similar to IOCTL) from Wifi HAL. Wifi hotspot is module specific implementation, pls get in touch with your Wifi module provider.

Regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos