cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AN2295sw Rev12 on MR32

Jump to solution
matri
Contributor I

Hi, I'm using AN2295sw Rev12 as start up to use a bootloader on HC08MR32, I have some questions:

1. The first 5 pages of flash memory (0x8000-0x827E) are used as EEPROM from the application, from the sixth page, It is allocated code. From MCU slave software, I have modified  file slfprg-mr32.asm on line 89

FLS_BEG EQU $8000   in  FLS_BEG EQU $8280

Now, the problem is on PC Master software, I think I must modify s19.c and prog.c files, but not extactly where.

2. The user application needs read and/or write some bytes, during execution, on flash memory managed as EEPROM, this could be a problem for the MCU slave bootloader?

3. On paragraph 3.5.1 - Memory occupied -  I read that because the bootloader is placed at the upper end of flash memory, the user code must be modified in its memory mapping. This means that I must change the last address of flash memory, for example:

ROM     =     READ_ONLY_MEMORY     0x8280     TO     0xFDFF

must changed on

ROM     = READ_ONLY_MEMORY 0x8280 TO     0xFC32

4. I plan to include di *.exe file of PC master software in a sw application, that the customer could use for update and manage a target board, and usually it want to use virtual serial port via USB. It's possible modify the PC master sw to make automatically this calibration, if it is, where and what I must modify.

I hope my questions are clear.... thak for any help.

Marilena

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Hi Marilena,

It looks like your problem have to be solved by detailed analyse of your code size, MCU memory resources, and tools you are using.

I understand that it is not appropriate to discuss such details publicly, so my advice for you is to open Service Request (see page https://www.freescale.com/webapp/servicerequest.create_SR.framework). Your SR will be directed to experts team and you will receive their advice to your mailbox.

Best regards,

Wlodek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
matri
Contributor I

Hi Wlodek,

I have already modified slave software, downloaded it on the MCU. When I start bootloading procedure and I try to program the MCU, I read a message in a box, it informe me about discordance with default flash memory address and values indicated from slave sw.

MCU use 5 pages of flash as EEPROM to store final application parameters, to write run-time value that it  can read after any reset, etc.. In the finally application I must lock flash memory code and with the HC08MR32 I have no options, I can only use start of memory for "variables" and the other part for code storage.

I hope these clarifications could be enough.

Marilena

0 Kudos
matri
Contributor I

Some news?

0 Kudos
Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Hi Marilena,

It looks like your problem have to be solved by detailed analyse of your code size, MCU memory resources, and tools you are using.

I understand that it is not appropriate to discuss such details publicly, so my advice for you is to open Service Request (see page https://www.freescale.com/webapp/servicerequest.create_SR.framework). Your SR will be directed to experts team and you will receive their advice to your mailbox.

Best regards,

Wlodek

0 Kudos
Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Hi Marilena,

According to AN2295 author I'm sending his answers/comments:

1. I think the first step 1. is ok and is needed. You can modify the begin of the flash memory of the MCU.

- You cannot modify PC master application due this.

2. Could you explain more this activity of managing the EEPROM ? What is the purpose etc. ?

3. Yes, you must modify the end of the flash in you project which you will use for the bootloader downloading, but basically it is depend on the size of your application (must fit between the range of the (flash – bootloader) ).

4. You can use the virtual serial link.

Please provide more details, I hope this will help in further advice.

Regards,

Wlodek

0 Kudos