Is it possible to use the MCIMX23LCD LCD display from the i.MX23-EVK into the i.MX28-EVK board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use the MCIMX23LCD LCD display from the i.MX23-EVK into the i.MX28-EVK board?

Jump to solution
ismaelinfante
Contributor I

Hi,

I want to use the MCIMX23LCD LCD display from the i.MX23-EVK board into the i.MX28-EVK board.

I noticed that the display driver for this LCD is present into the BSP of the i.MX28-EVK (BSP_10_08_02), located at
PLATFORM\iMX28-EVK-PDK1_9\SRC\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\lms430.cpp.

What is the procedure to build an NK.bin that makes use of this driver instead of the PLATFORM\iMX28-EVK-PDK1_9\SRC\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\43wvf1g.cpp driver?

Is it necessary to do some changes into the EBOOT also in order to support this LCD display?

Thanks in advance,

Ismael Infante

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ismael,

Both LCD connectors have almost the same pin-out, unfortunately, there are a few differences that will make the systems not fully compatible, plus, the MX23 LCD is a WQVGA, and the MX28 LCD is a WVGA, so this may result in the need for SW changes too. So the answer is: You can't just connect the MX23 LCD into the MX28 without a few changes in HW and SW. You can check the differences between the connectors in the schematics found in the web page. I'm not a SW guy but I guess looking at the driver in the BSP can tell you what you need in that area too.

Best regards.

Jorge.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ismael,

Both LCD connectors have almost the same pin-out, unfortunately, there are a few differences that will make the systems not fully compatible, plus, the MX23 LCD is a WQVGA, and the MX28 LCD is a WVGA, so this may result in the need for SW changes too. So the answer is: You can't just connect the MX23 LCD into the MX28 without a few changes in HW and SW. You can check the differences between the connectors in the schematics found in the web page. I'm not a SW guy but I guess looking at the driver in the BSP can tell you what you need in that area too.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos