cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use TWR-K60F120M & TWR-SER?

mich1985
Contributor III

Hello all,

currently I'm trying to use the mentioned tower modules. In the schematic files of both modules I have seen that the TWR-SER module uses the elevator pins A43/44 as RX/TX source. The CPU module maps UART5 to this pins. But this interface is also used for the OSBDM stuff. So is it right that the TWR-SER module isn't usable with the TWR-K60F120M?

Best regards,

flo

0 Kudos
4 Replies

mich1985
Contributor III

Hello and thx for your reply. Because I wasn't sure if OSBDM really wouldn't interfere with the TWR-SER serial interface so I have removed R63 (UART5_TX) & R65 (UART5_RX) on TWR-K60F120M for my evaluation.

Regards,

flo

0 Kudos

melissa_hunter
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The OS-BDM circuit includes a serial terminal function. You can communicate with the board using a terminal using the P&E terminal utility connected to the OS-BDM -or- you can use your favorite terminal emulator application connected to the OS-BDM.

The OS-BDM circuit will not interfere with use of the TWR-SER as long as you don't try to use the P&E terminal utility at the same time that you are using the UART port through the TWR-SER. Just pick the one you want to use, and make sure you only use one at a time.

Hope this helps,

Melissa

0 Kudos

srinivashimakun
Contributor I

Hi Mellisa,

Is this the same case for TWR-K20D72M and TWR-SER? I'm getting signals on the Tx pin of the K20 but not from the final Db9 connector..

Regards

H.S.Srinivas

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Srinivas Himakuntala:

Yes, it is the same situation. In this case for TWR-20D72M  the pins PTE0/PTE1 for UART1 are shared between OSBDM virtual port and TWR-SER. As Melissa mentioned, there should be no problem as long as you only use one interface.

If you do not see the signal in DB9, check the jumpers J17 and J19. Both should be in position 1-2. Also make sure that TWR-SER has power.

TWR_SER.png

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos