Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Read Pinout Tables

Jump to solution
ttocsmi
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm confused as to how to read the signal multiplexing and pin assignments tables in the product literature. Please refer to the attached image for reference.

Clipboard01.jpg

Is the port controller used to set the pin configuration for all pins at once, based on the ALT0, ALT1, etc parameter?  Eg, if mode "ALT2" is set, is pin H3 used for anything?  Or, can the function of an individual pin be set independently of the others?  Eg, could I set H3 to PTE7 and H4 to ADC2_SE16?

Thanks for your assistance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Derrick
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott,

Each port pin has its own Pin Control Register (PORTx_PCRn).  These can be found in the "Port control and interrupts" chapter of the respective reference manual.  In this register there is a 3-bit MUX field that is used to assign the selected port to the desired functionality, as shown in the table which you point out.

In your example, the corresponding Pin Control Register for PTE7 (located on pin H3) is PORTE_PCR7 (located at address 0x4004_D01C).  For this specific pin, the MUX field options are:

000  -  Pin Disabled

001  -  PTE7

010  -  n/a

011  -  UART3_RTS_b

100  -  I2S0_RXD0

101  -  n/a

110  -  FTM3_CH2

111  -  n/a

Best Regards,

Derrick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ttocsmi
Contributor I

Thanks, Derrick. I'll dive back into the reference manual and ponder this for a bit.

Scott

0 Kudos
Derrick
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott,

Each port pin has its own Pin Control Register (PORTx_PCRn).  These can be found in the "Port control and interrupts" chapter of the respective reference manual.  In this register there is a 3-bit MUX field that is used to assign the selected port to the desired functionality, as shown in the table which you point out.

In your example, the corresponding Pin Control Register for PTE7 (located on pin H3) is PORTE_PCR7 (located at address 0x4004_D01C).  For this specific pin, the MUX field options are:

000  -  Pin Disabled

001  -  PTE7

010  -  n/a

011  -  UART3_RTS_b

100  -  I2S0_RXD0

101  -  n/a

110  -  FTM3_CH2

111  -  n/a

Best Regards,

Derrick

0 Kudos