Just wanted to let everyone know that we have launched a new module based around the Freescale JM microcontroller family.
Please visit us at http://www.protoease.com for details. On the blog link, you can find the full schematic of the module's internals.
A quick summary of features:
- Uses the Freescale MC9S08JM60 microcontroller with 60 KB Flash and 4 KB RAM
- Size of a 40-pin DIP IC, uses standard 0.1" C-C pin headers (or you can direct wire to it)
- Includes Mini-USB connection - create a USB device with the module or use it to load code without a debugger!
- Includes LDO voltage regulator supporting up to 16V input. Output (up to 1 A) can be used to power user's circuit.
- Includes crystal and all other support components for the microcontroller
- Breaks out all I/O to the pin headers (with exception of a few I/O lines).
- Includes two pushbuttons: Reset and BOOT/User. The BOOT button can be used to enter Bootloader mode, whereby code can be flashed to the micro over the USB connection.
- BDM connection is included but not populated
Hopefully this will help someone prototype their idea easier and faster.