henri_bragge

Blurry image with CSI1 overlay

Discussion created by henri_bragge on Sep 27, 2012

I have two TVP5150 decoders + PAL cameras attached to i.MX53 CSI0/1 interfaces. When I use "mxc_v4l2_overlay.out" or "csi_v4l2_overlay.out" unit test to overlay video, I get a very nice and sharp (although interlaced) picture from CSI0 through CSI->IC path. But when I attach the TVP driver to the second chip and change the hardcoded csi to "csi = 1" in the mxc_v4l2_capture driver, then I get very blurry and incomprehensible image. It changes when I move my hand in front of the camera, so some information data goes through.

When I use CSI->MEM path (with mxc_v4l2_tvin.out), both CSI0 and CSI1 work fine.

My guess is that some IPU parameters are set wrong in "ipu_prp_vf_sdc.c" or "ipu_prp_vf_sdc_bg.c", but I have no idea what it could be. The blur effect is similar when using either of these modules. No hardcoded CSI settings catches the eye when looking at the code or anything obvious. I guess it could be a clock problem too, but it's interesting that it only happens with CSI->IC path.

I attached IPU register dumps when using CSI0 and CSI1. To me it didn't reveal any problems, but I don't understand much about processing flows and that stuff anyway.

Original Attachment has been moved to: overlay-csi0.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: overlay-csi1.txt.zip

Outcomes