AnsweredAssumed Answered

Programming an MK60FN1M0VLQ12 with IAR Workbench and an IAR I-jet

Question asked by weblar on Sep 21, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 16, 2012 by Wayne Taylor

Hi,

This is my first time posting on here so please be gentle with me.

I have a custom PCB containing an MK60FN1M0VLQ12 Kinetis processor. I've written some test code using IAR Embedded Workbench and I'm attempting to download the executable to the chip via an IAR I-jet JTAG debug probe. Unfortunately, I'm having no success whatsoever.

I've attempted to contact IAR Systems for help with this but after about 4 phone calls, I'm still waiting for someone to get back to me so I thought that in the mean time, I'd try on here.

Within IAR Workbench, when I click the "download and debug" button, an error message appears saying "Flash loader: Failed to setup call to 'FlashInit'". Now, I'm kinda guessing that maybe the flash loader that I've selected is wrong for the device however I don't believe that it is. After this error message appears, nothing further happens - no code is downloaded to the device.

I have opened up the Quick Start Demo code for the K60 Tower system and I've re-compiled and programmed that into the K60 Tower system using IAR and the I-jet and this works without any issues. The custom PCB is set up to use an external 8MHz crystal connected to XTAL0 and EXTAL0 and I'm 100% certain that there are no issues with the way that the JTAG signals are routed to the chip.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Has anyone successfully contacted IAR Systems and received useful help?

If I've not included enough detail in this, I can provide more.

Please help!

Thanks,

Kev

P.S. For reference, within IAR I've selected the device as "Freescale MK60FN1M0xxx12" and I've picked the "MK60FN1M0xxx12.ddf" device description file plus I've also selected the "FlashK60Fxxx128K.board" file as the flash downloader.

Attachments

Outcomes