cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI Display is not working..

Ikshwakuchauhan
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using IMX-6Q sabre AI board and trying play a MP4 video by using gstreamer. When i am through my gstreamer command pipeline starts running but video is not playing on the monitor through HDMI cable.

Here I want to know, is any settings are required for HDMI display.

Thanks in advance

Ikshwaku Chauhan

Labels (1)
5 Replies

ClayD_Montgomer
Contributor I

Have you set the bootargs for an HDMI display in UBoot?  The syntax is different from the i.MX53. Here are some examples I have tested on the Nitrogen6X board:

printenv

set bootargs 'console=ttymxc1,115200 video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1280x720M@60,if=RGB24'
set bootargs 'console=ttymxc1,115200 video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24'
set bootargs 'console=ttymxc1,115200 video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1200M@60,if=RGB24'

save

Regards, Clay

stefanore
Contributor II

Sir Montgomery

Could you tell me a little about how to change the UBoot settings? Do i need to install first?

I am blank about Uboot, but my image on IMX6 gave no signal to HDMI monitor

Thank you

Regards

Stefano

0 Kudos

FlorentAuger
Contributor V

The i.MX6 is not publicly available so you have access to a dedicated web site where you have probably downloaded the Linux BSP.Otherwise, you should ask to the Freescale field application engineer responsible for your project.

0 Kudos

Ikshwakuchauhan
Contributor II

can u please tell me from where i get this document..??

0 Kudos

FlorentAuger
Contributor V

I suggest you to read the documentation (section kernel boot parameters): i.MX_6DualQuad_SABRE_AI_release_notes.pdf