Recomendation for LCD with touchscreen that works on IMX53 QSB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recomendation for LCD with touchscreen that works on IMX53 QSB?

JonTrulson1z
Contributor I

Hi, a few months ago I was on a project involving the IMX53 QSB.  We were also supplied with a Future Electronics PIM board and LCD with touchscreen.  While we got the LCD working, we never could get any data out of the touchscreen, and FE had no idea how to get it working, or even what driver should be used (I was using FS's LTIB linux env).

So, now I'm back on this project, and my boss has said "forget the FE PIM board and panels, see if you can find any LCD with touchscreen that is KNOWN to work with imx53 QSB".

Roughly speaking :)  So, here I am.

Anyway, on the IMX53 page I see two possibilities:

1. Part # MCIMX-LVDS1, 10.1 1024x768 (XGA) with cap TS

and

2. Part # MCIMX28LCD, 800x480 WVGA w/ 4-wire TS (SEIKO?)

I think #2 is what I want, but on: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site//prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX53QSB&site_preference=normal

On the right, there's a link called 'Supporting LCD (MCIMX28LCD) for the i.MX53 Quick Start Board' which takes me to http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MCIMX28EVKJ&tab=Buy_Parametric_Ta...

...which implies to me it's only for the IMX28.

Can I use the above LCD (#2) on IMX53?  And does the touchscreen actually work?

I would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

JonTrulson1z
Contributor I

Vladan Jovanovic said:

Hi,

yes, that screen works and can be used. It's documented in Linux release notes what parameters to pass to kernel so it configures display interface and framebuffer accordingly.

Vladan

Thank you very much, I think that is how we will proceed.  It will be nice to have a touchscreen actually working on this device :)

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

yes, that screen works and can be used. It's documented in Linux release notes what parameters to pass to kernel so it configures display interface and framebuffer accordingly.

Vladan

0 Kudos