how to compile using code warrior

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to compile using code warrior

rathishnair
Contributor I
as iam working with mpc8360MDS processor ,iam using code warrior(CW_PPC_Comm_V8.7_Build_60605.exe) software for loading kernel and ramdisk images while u-boot is already bulilt in and iam not bothered to disturb it. and now
what is the procedure to load my own application into your ramdisk image and kernal being linux image what is the cross compiler used ? please reply as soon as possible.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Voxan
Contributor III
Hi there,

are you planing to develop eLinux applications or will you need to debug the Bootloader or the kernel itself?

1- eLinux applications only: You'll need the CW v8.7 Application Edition. The target connection will be a serial port via a debug agent named AppTRK. It should be part of the BSP, You'll need to make sure it is part of the kernel image deployed on the target. Deployement is made via the bootloader.

2- eLinux, applications but also bootloader, kernel and modules debugging: You'll need the CW v8.7 Platform Edition (please note this Edition is Linux hosted!), it exists also the Windows hosted Edition named Professional Edition, BUT you will not have the eLinux kernel awareness. You'll need to make sure your application is part of the kernel image you are deploying on the target. Deployement is made via the COP (JTAG) port, either using the USB-TAP HTI or Ethernet-TAP HTI.

in any case I recommand that you read the targeting manaul located in your installation folder at:

{CW}\Help\PDF\Pro & Linux App Edition Targeting Manual.pdf

Hope this helps...
0 Kudos

rathishnair
Contributor I
iam glad and happy for the reply voxan

let me describe you in crystal clear manner.

1) i have installed a code warrior software(CW v8.7) in my pc which has windows 2000 profeesional.

2) i am creating a new proj and that was sucessfully done using (CW v8.7) .

3) and now iam connecting the USBTAP to the processor card (MPC8360MDS) which is connected to my pc.

4)now using USBTAP iam re-programming the flash. i have erased only the kernel and ramdisk sectors. iam not disturbing the uboot. this was also successfully done.

5)now i am programming your linux image to the kernel sectors.(i.e say from ffdooooo to ffxxxxxx)

6)as previous step i am programming  your ramdisk image(i.e say from fe900000 to ffxxxxxx)

7) the programming was successfully done.

8) but in step 6 i have included my own application to your ramdisk image

9) i have given bootm ffd00000 fe900000 using hyperterminal in  my pc

10) boot was successful and i could freescale login as root

11) and now in  /bin  i can find my application build. (for ex:  /bin/myapplication)

12) but while iam trying to run it it shows an error.(/bin #  ./myapplication)

13) i guess this would be the compiling problem.

14) i need to know will i be able to compile only the ramdisk image using your compiler built on th IDE or i need to whic cross compiler you are using for development)

hope you will find a solution

rathishnair

0 Kudos

Voxan
Contributor III
Hi there,

as doing application level development I would highly recommend that you read the Targeting manual, specified in the my previous post, on application development.

Regards
0 Kudos