Turning off i.MX53-START-R Board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off i.MX53-START-R Board

ShaneKaiser
Contributor II

Is there a way to shutdown the i.MX53-START-R board (Freescale PMIC) without pulling the power?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shane,

Not exactly with a command, but there is a way to control the turn-off of the MC34708 with the i.MX. The WDI pin of the PMIC is connected to GPIO9 of the i.MX, if this pin is pulled low, all the power supplies will turn off. Normally, this is done as a response to the PWRONxI interrupt, which is generated by pressing a PWRONx pin, but truth is you can pull the WDI low any time you want. To be honest, I'm not sure if this feature was added to the drivers of the board. This is the description of the turn-off event:

Power Button Press (via WDI):

User shut down of a product is typically done by pressing the power button connected to the PWRONx pin. This will generate an interrupt (PWRONxI), but will not directly power off the part. The product is powered off by the processor’s response to this interrupt, which will be to pull WDI low. Pressing the power button is therefore under normal circumstances not considered as a turn off event for the state machine. However, since the button press power down is the most common turn off method for end products, it is described in this section as the product implementation for a WDI initiated Turn Off event. Note that the software can configure a user initiated power down, via a power button press for transition to a Low Power Off mode (Memory Hold or User Off) for a quicker restart than the default transition into the Off state.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos

ShaneKaiser
Contributor II

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the reply.

I will try to do what you say.

Is there any way to shutdown with a command on the command line?

Shane

0 Kudos

NicolasIzquierd
Contributor III

Hi Shane,

Keep Pressed the power button for almost 15 second, that will turn off the board.

Nicolas

0 Kudos