cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building u-boot problems "Error 1"

CarlIgelstram
Contributor I

Hello

Im following the i.MX Android R10.4 User Guide and I have come to chapter 2.3 Build uboot images and I am doing the following:

$ ~/myandroid/bootable/bootloader/uboot-imx$ export ARCH=arm

$ ~/myandroid/bootable/bootloader/uboot-imx$ export CROSS_COMPILE=~/myandroid/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.3.1/bin/arm-eabi-

$ ~/myandroid/bootable/bootloader/uboot-imx$ make distclean

$ ~/myandroid/bootable/bootloader/uboot-imx$ make mx53_smd_android_config
make: *** No rule to make target `mx53_smd_android_config'.  Stop.
make: *** [mx53_smd_android_config] Error 1

I was unsuccessful in applying the r10.4 patches in the following chapter does this have anything to do with that ?

I'm very new to Building and Flashing so  have little ideas when the guides don't go as planned.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

Best Regards and thank you in advance

Carl

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

visakh
Contributor III

hi carl ,

Did your problem get solved.  do you check for the header "mx53_smd_android.h"  in ubootimx/ include/configs...

i think you r problem may be because of missing of headers when applying patches (ie running ./and_patch.sh).

run it once again and note the error.

If you are unzipped the source in to OPT check for permission when accessing and copying git series.......if not allow full permission and run it once again

Visakh.SV

0 Kudos

CarlIgelstram
Contributor I

The mx53loco_config works sort of, it seems to be loading uboot like normal when I look at it from the serial port, only that I cant stop it with my inserted keyboard. The mx53smd_config command doesnt boot up at all, when looking at the serial terminal its blank, so I guess Im going for the mx53loco, however later in theuser guide it reuses the "smd" name repeated times.

Any tips on how to solve this problem ? 

Thank you for any help !

BR

0 Kudos

CarlIgelstram
Contributor I

Hi again !

I just inserted the SD card into the QSB and it seems that uboot is running with the mx53loco_config command. However now I have problems from chapter 2.4 in the guide. I have done the following:

$ export PATH=~/myandroid/bootable/bootloader/uboot-imx/tools:$PATH
$ cd ~/myandroid/kernel_imx

$ echo $ARCH && echo $CROSS_COMPILE

$ export ARCH=arm

$ export CROSS_COMPILE=~/myandroid/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi-

$ make imx5_android_defconfig

Which yields the errors:

$~/myandroid/kernel_imx$ make imx5_android_defconfig
*** Can't find default configuration "arch/arm/configs/imx5_android_defconfig"!
make[1]: *** [imx5_android_defconfig] Error 1
make: *** [imx5_android_defconfig] Error 2

Any Ideas =)? Sorry for being a bit of a noob here T______T

BR

Carl

Brilliantov Kirill Vladimirovich said:

Hello, Carl!

Please check file configuration in include/configs, in you case must be file mx53_smd_android.h

0 Kudos

CarlIgelstram
Contributor I

Hello Brilliantov!

I have the following: mx53loco.h and mx53smd.h. Im trying to build the mx53loco now and see how that goes.

Regarding this: I have an 8Gb SD-card, Is there anything I should think about when I am assigning the blocks and partitions?

I'll post how it goes when I've fiddled around more with it.

Thank you!!

Brilliantov Kirill Vladimirovich said:

Hello, Carl!

Please check file configuration in include/configs, in you case must be file mx53_smd_android.h

0 Kudos

BrilliantovKiri
Senior Contributor I

Hello, Carl!

0 Kudos