cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx233 USB Wireless - ralink 2870

AndracsEstacvez
Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm trying to add wireless usb support to my imx233. My card is and EnGenius with chipset rt2870. I have selected the driver in kernel config:

Device drivers ->Network Device Support -> Ralink driver support -> Ralink rt2800(usb) support

It builds correctly and the USB is detected in the im233, so I see the wlan0 interface with iwconfig. The problem comes up when I try to set the link:

iwconfig wlan0 up

and i get:

rt2800usb 1-1.1:1.0: firmware: requesting rt2870.bin

rt2870.bin is not found, but I think that it is not being built. Do you know what's happening?

Thank you,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AndracsEstacvez
Contributor II

Hi Balaji,

it does not recognize wifi N networks. But, I have checked the same dongle in the PC and it works correctly.

I have also tried the realtek RTL8192SU, which is included in the stagings drivers, and it didn't work. In this case the interface is not created.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Hi Andres

It can be downloaded from Ralink web but, probably, in this way, the version is not compatible with the driver version included in SDK.

Do you mean to say the bin file is not compatible with the driver version? I worked on some WIFI dongles with Atheros chipsets which worked fine for me.

Regards

Balaji

0 Kudos

AndracsEstacvez
Contributor II

Yeah, the location is /lib/firmware

the problem is that the bin file is not included in the freescale SDK. It can be downloaded from Ralink web but, probably, in this way, the version is not compatible with the driver version included in SDK.

B.R.,

Andres

0 Kudos

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Hi,

These set of WIFI devices require a bin file to be loaded manually. Basically this bin file is the chipsets register content to be stored in EEPROM, so that those values are loaded when the chip is powered up. I think this bin file is platform independent. You may get this bin file from the manufacturer's website. The driver expects the bin file to be at a particular location in lib directory. You may find this location if you could just fiddle the driver and the makefile. Just download the bin file to your target and put it in the specified directory. Your driver will fetch and load it.

Regards,

Balaji

0 Kudos