AnsweredAssumed Answered

CW4.5: Out of Non-Banked Flash on 9S12XDT256

Question asked by Sten Siren on Jun 4, 2007
Latest reply on Jul 28, 2008 by CrasyCat
Could somebody give me a hint how to move strings and/or constants from Non-Banked to Banked Flash?

My application contains rather much constant tables and strings, and CW want these in non-banked flash. My ROM_4000-segment if filled with the sections NON_BANKED (interrupt routines and such) and ROM_4000_523 (which seems to contain string constants). The ROM_C000-segment is filled with the sections .init, .startdata, .rodata and .rodata1. Of these the rodata-sections are the large ones and they seem to containt program constants and strings.

Here is an extract from my PRM-file:
Code:
PLACEMENT /* here all predefined and user segments are placed into the SEGMENTS defined above. */      _PRESTART,              /* Used in HIWARE format: jump to _Startup at the code start */      STARTUP,                /* startup data structures */      ROM_VAR,                /* constant variables */      STRINGS,                /* string literals */      VIRTUAL_TABLE_SEGMENT,  /* C++ virtual table segment */    //.ostext,                /* eventually OSEK code  */      NON_BANKED,             /* runtime routines which must not be banked */    //COPY                    /* copy down information: moved to banked flash */                              /* in case you want to use ROM_4000 here as well, make sure                                 that all files (incl. library files) are compiled with the                                 option: -OnB=b */                        INTO  ROM_C000, ROM_4000;      DEFAULT_ROM,      COPY                    /* copy down information: how to initialize variables */                        INTO           PAGE_FE,          PAGE_FC, PAGE_FB, PAGE_FA, PAGE_F9, PAGE_F8,                              /* use the following ranges only when same module is NOT used for XGATE code */                              /* PAGE_E0, PAGE_E1, intentionally not listed: assigned to XGATE */                              PAGE_E7, PAGE_E6, PAGE_E5, PAGE_E4, PAGE_E3, PAGE_E2,        PAGE_E0_0;

Is there any way to move some of the sections to banked Flash?

Outcomes