Display upside down.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display upside down.

JamesRobinson
Contributor II

I reloaded my tablet via the MFT and windows7. All went well until I started the tablet. I get the the penguin in the lower left but when android starts, the screen is 180 Deg out. The buttons for home and menu are now at what looks like the top of the screen.

The strange part is if I rotate the device so that the power buttons are at the top. it is correct. only in the vertical mode is it wrong....

Thanks for any help.....

-James

0 Kudos
2 Replies

JamesRobinson
Contributor II

Well I found that the init.freescale.rc in uramdisk.img holds the setting to change. 

What is strange is that on my Rev D Sabre board. It needs to be 90 instead of 270. This is why I think that the screen is upside down with the standard image that is supplied by freescale.

If you look at the users guide for android 10.4, the steps to getting at the init.freescale.rc is in section 3.2 System on MMC/SD and eMMC.

Hope it helps others with newer system....

-James

0 Kudos

JamesRobinson
Contributor II

UPDATE:

I heard back from Freescale, but I can't find the documentation that they are talking about. I must be missing something....

-James

<Freescale Support 6/10/2012t>

This issue is a problem with the hardware, the software is right and the customer
does not need to fix that in their designs.
You need to download the last version that was release yesterday in our web page.
In the user guide you will find a note into the section 2.5 Build Android Image
"i.MX53 Note: To correct the display rotation generated by the incorrect orientation of the LCD
in the SMD board, follow the instructions of the demo image readme located on the SMD demo image
tar file."
The i.MX53 SMD Android Demo Image document has the section
"2 Modifications required on the uramdisk.img file to fix the display rotation issue
on i.MX53 SMD Tablet" where you can find how to do. Have a nice day!

In the user guide you will find a note into the section 2.5 Build Android Image
i.MX53 Note: To correct the display rotation generated by the incorrect orientation of the LCD
in the SMD board, follow the instructions of the demo image readme located on the SMD demo image
tar file." The i.MX53 SMD Android Demo Image document has the section
"2 Modifications required on the uramdisk.img file to fix the display rotation issue
on i.MX53 SMD Tablet" where you can find how to do it.
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=RDIMX53SABRETAB&fpsp=1&tab=Documentat...

Thank you for your interest in Freescale Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.

0 Kudos