Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX23 SPI USER MODE

AndracsEstacvez
Contributor II

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to use SPI from user space. I have already configured the kernel:

<*> User mode SPI device driver support

But I can't see /dev/spidev. Am I missing something?

Regards,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Hi,

Answers inline.

I think that there are some problem because SPI is being used by ethernet. Should it be?

If your target hardware is imx23 evk, you may try loading enc28j60 as module. If you are using spidev, do not load enc28j60.ko module, if you think that is an issue.

Apart from that, I have another problem: I don't have the commands flash_eraseall, ubiattach and ubimkvol. I don't know why. However, I have kobs-ng

I think these are available with mtd-utils package. Try enabling mtd-utils package in ltib configuration. You could refer the following link:

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/MTD_Utilities#MTD-Utils_User-space_tools

Regards,

Balaji

0 Kudos

AndracsEstacvez
Contributor II

Hi Balaji,

thanks for your reply. I think that there are some problem because SPI is being used by ethernet. Should it be?

Apart from that, I have another problem: I don't have the commands flash_eraseall, ubiattach and ubimkvol. I don't know why. However, I have kobs-ng

Thank you,

0 Kudos

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Hi,

It should appear. If not, check if the driver's platform data is defined in the board configuration file for the imx23.

Regards,

Balaji.V

0 Kudos