Cannot decode h.264 streams on i.MX51

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot decode h.264 streams on i.MX51

StephanHaller
Contributor I
Hi, I have a problem decoding h.264 streams on i.MX51. I get the stream demuxed by ffmpeg so that my class handles only the video data. It works good for mpeg2 and mpeg4 streams but not on h.264 streams. The problem is at the very beginning of decoding: vpu_DecGetInitialInfo(,.) returns failure. It also puts the reason code 1 in the structure DecInitialInfo. ---- RetCode error; DecInitialInfo initialInfo={0}; vpu_DecSetEscSeqInit(m_decoder.handle, 1); error=vpu_DecGetInitialInfo(m_decoder.handle, &initialInfo); vpu_DecSetEscSeqInit(m_decoder.handle, 0); if(error!=RETCODE_SUCCESS) { printf("Failed to get initial info of vpu_DecGetInitialInfo - return code %d, reason code %d\n", error, initialInfo.errorcode); return ERROR; } ---- You will get "Failed to get initial info of vpu_DecGetInitialInfo - return code -1, error code 1". So what is reason code in this structure? Is there any table describing the reason codes? I use VPU firmware version 1.4.14 and library version 5.3.2. Thanks for any help Stephan Haller
0 Kudos
1 Reply

stevejhung
Contributor I

I am having a similar problem with my imx515. Stream decodes but is out of sync. I'm guessing it's somewhere in the code that deals with timestamp, but haven't had a chance to trace it down though.

Steve

0 Kudos