ajithpv

URGENT: Need help in i.MX257 SPI

Discussion created by ajithpv on Apr 13, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 15, 2012 by ajithpv

Hi all,
Our project requirement is that, two NCN6804 (dual smart card) controller should be controlled through the same SPI bus (SPI 1) at the same time. For this requirement, I configured the bus number 1 with two different chip selects (CS0 and CS1) in the board file of i.MX25. So far, I seen only one SPI instance will be created from the driver invocation but, in this case, the same driver should create two instances of SPI driver nodes. I tried to create one with reference to ‘spidev.c’ driver(a standard driver which present under /drivers/spi/). Everything I setup as ditto as spidev.c, but I found that the probe function is not calling hence no driver node is creating! I tried with many possibilities but got the same result.

The init function is calling and registering my driver at the same time(I can see that in /sys/bus/spi/drivers/MY_DRIVER_NAME). But there is no node of my driver.

So I hereby request you to provide the better solution (in terms of ideas, reference driver code or suggestions etc) to fulfill our requirement.
Any kind of help will be appreciated…

-Ajith P V

Outcomes