Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux evaluation software licensing problems

Jump to solution
Enlighten_me
Contributor I
  Hi,
      I have just installed CodeWarrior Development Studio, Linux platform - Evaluation. On running the CodeWarriorIDE I receive the following error message :-

No valid license key was found for this installation of
CodeWarrior Development Studio. Please register
your product by following the instructions on the
registration card or by contacting license@metwerks.com or (800) 377-5416.

A blank license file was installed when I installed the software ?, I registered the evaluation copy via the Internet., but this just provided me with an activation key. Can you tell me why the license.dat file is blank ? and what can I do in order to be able to use this software ?

Thanks in advance,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jorge_plascencia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi there,

I would do the same answer as for the previous post:

the process has 2 phases:www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=CW_LICENSE

the second point allows you to activate your license, provide the required information and the licensing department will send you an evaluation license file.

Note: the linux tools per default come with and empty license.dat file... nothing to do with the licensing process, nothing to be worry about.

Hope this helps...

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jorge_plascencia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi there,

I would do the same answer as for the previous post:

the process has 2 phases:www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=CW_LICENSE

the second point allows you to activate your license, provide the required information and the licensing department will send you an evaluation license file.

Note: the linux tools per default come with and empty license.dat file... nothing to do with the licensing process, nothing to be worry about.

Hope this helps...

Regards

0 Kudos