import readline error from Adeneo Android Download script (following release notes r4.2)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import readline error from Adeneo Android Download script (following release notes r4.2)

MichaelWalz
Contributor I

Hi.  While following release notes I receive the following error while trying to run ./download_android.sh :

~/Desktop/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.2/scripts$ ./download_android.sh
/home/mike/Desktop/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.2/install/imx-android-r10.3 already exists
Cowardly refusing to clobber it
Initializing repository...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./repo", line 91, in <module>
import readline
ImportError: No module named readline

Has anyone attempted this recently?  Other posts I saw were for Android 2.3.3 and I was not able to use their solutions...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

LuisRivera
Contributor II

Good job Mangesh!

Thanks for the tip where to find ALSA and MTD packages and I think it's a great idea to share a document with steps.

Regards

0 Kudos

Mangesh_Edake
Contributor II

Dear Luis,

Finally I am successful to compile and test the android gingerbread on imx53 qsb.

The lack of ALSA and MTD packages was found on linaro mirror repository.

Thanks Luis for your support and discussion.

May be I would like to add the separate documentation of the steps I followed to the list.

--

Mangesh Edake

0 Kudos

Mangesh_Edake
Contributor II

Dear Luis,

As I could understand when I did the steps of release notes4.2 build process just copy ramdisk.img, system.img & recovery.img. from "prebuild" folder to "out" folder. (You can see it in a comment of the script build_android.sh "# Package and copy images to our output directory")  

If you look at build_android.sh carefully, at the bottom of the script, it builds the android stack using
    "make PRODUCT-........" line

HERE THE SCRIPT ASSUMES all the image files are created by make command inside the directory ${ANDROID_OUT_PATH}
so while doing  "# Package and copy images to our output directory"
it goes to ${ANDROID_OUT_PATH} using 'cd' command and then fires 'mkimage'
now in mkimage command it refers "./ramdisk.img" in current directory based on above said assumption.
and then due to same assumption it tries to copy all images from ${ANDROID_OUT_PATH} to ${OUTPUT_DIR}

I do not remenber when those images were created but for sure those images were created before run build_android.sh into prebulid folder.

yes... these are already built images and I found those inside a tarball (i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.2.tar.bz2)

Did you run the scripts in the correct order?

download_android.sh -> patch_android.sh -> apply_qsb_patch.sh -> fix_android_32bit.sh -> build_android.sh

Currently I am stoped because of lack of alsa and mtd lib sources on new git servers from google.
Anyway, did you ever notice your own modifications getting reflected while running all above images on qsb?
--
Thankd and Regards,
Mangesh   

0 Kudos

LuisRivera
Contributor II

Hi Mangesh, sorry for the delay

As I could understand when I did the steps of release notes4.2 build process just copy ramdisk.img, system.img & recovery.img. from "prebuild" folder to "out" folder. (You can see it in a comment of the script build_android.sh "# Package and copy images to our output directory")  

I do not remenber when those images were created but for sure those images were created before run build_android.sh into prebulid folder.

Did you run the scripts in the correct order?

I hope It helps you,

Regards

0 Kudos

Mangesh_Edake
Contributor II

Dear Luis,

Thanks for the reply.

As I understand the android build process should produce ramdisk.img, system.img & recovery.img.

But your workaround refer to already produced (pre-built) images.

If we are using pre-built images on imx53 QSB then what is a purpose of source compilation?

I really want to build and run own customised android images on imx53 QSB.

Currently I am building the android gingerbread 2.3.5 without ALSA and MTD-UTILS.

(Dont know why they are removed from new git repo) and getting following ERROR

make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/imx53_loco/obj/lib/libaudio.so', needed by `out/target/product/imx53_loco/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudioflinger_intermediates/LINKED/libaudioflinger.so'.  Stop.

I would appreciate your suggestions and help.

--

Thanks and Regards,

Mangesh Edake

0 Kudos

LuisRivera
Contributor II

Hi Mangesh

I added the complete route to ramdisk.img, system.img & recovery.img because other wise this images could not be found.

I don't understand very well what you mean in your second question, do you refer about the original location of building images?

Regards

0 Kudos

Mangesh_Edake
Contributor II

Dear Luis Rivera,

Did you figured out the reason for adding the complete route of ramdisk.img,

system.img & recovery.img..?

If we are copying prebuilt images, then where is the output (images) of building

entire android source code..?

Please reply.

--

Mangesh

0 Kudos

LuisRivera
Contributor II

Hi Carl,

I don´t understand which one of the two problems you mean, but regarding to the script "download_android.sh" was solved using another internet connection different to the server of the work because of server firewall; so you can run this script connected into a coffe shop or something like this as Michael suggested.

And about the problem with the script "bulid_android.sh" I fixed the problem adding the complete route of ramdisk. img into the script as follows:

225-Modificacionquehayquehaceralscriptbulidandroid.JPG

I had to do the same with system.img & recovery.img as you can see.

I hope it helps you.

Also and it's to important "Do not forget to download and install JDK6 in your host machine" because without that Android binary image will never work.

Regards,

Luis Rivera

Carl Igelström said:

Hello Luis,

did you manage to fix this problem ? since I have now encountered the same thing

BR

Luis Rivera said:

Hi Michael, I tried the download_android script with my pc connected to a different internet conection and you are right everything was caused by the IT Firewall.

Thank you so much!!

Now, I facing another new  problem with other of the scripts of release r4.2 "build_android.sh" because almost at the end of this script   this message is displayed:

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/lib/libneo_cgi.so] Error 1
/home/luis/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.2
mkimage: Can't open ./ramdisk.img: No such file or directory

Do you face with this problem or something similar?

Michael Walz said:

Hi Luis,

I figured out that I just needed install a readline package from this page:

http://s.android.com/source/initializing.html

And I also had the same problem you have... what you're dealing with is most likely a poor internet connection or IT firewall.  I can't access git://anything from the corporate firewall where I work... so I suggest trying this from a public connection at a coffee shop or something.

I eventually got stuck further along... please let me know how far you get with this or if you encounter any other errors. 

0 Kudos

CarlIgelstram
Contributor I

Hello Luis,

did you manage to fix this problem ? since I have now encountered the same thing

BR

Luis Rivera said:

Hi Michael, I tried the download_android script with my pc connected to a different internet conection and you are right everything was caused by the IT Firewall.

Thank you so much!!

Now, I facing another new  problem with other of the scripts of release r4.2 "build_android.sh" because almost at the end of this script   this message is displayed:

Michael Walz said:

Hi Luis,

And I also had the same problem you have... what you're dealing with is most likely a poor internet connection or IT firewall.  I can't access git://anything from the corporate firewall where I work... so I suggest trying this from a public connection at a coffee shop or something.

I eventually got stuck further along... please let me know how far you get with this or if you encounter any other errors. 

0 Kudos

LuisRivera
Contributor II

Thank you so much!!

Michael Walz said:

Hi Luis,

0 Kudos

LuisRivera
Contributor II

Ok, I'm going to test it in another internet connection, thanks for the tip.

Don't wory, I will keep in contact about any other issue.

0 Kudos

MichaelWalz
Contributor I

Hi Luis,

0 Kudos

LuisRivera
Contributor II

Hi, Michael, I have some problems too when I tried to run the script  /download_android.sh from release notes r4.2

but just a bit different, because my problem looks to be into git address, as you can see below:

luis@ubuntu:~/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.2/scripts$ ./download_android.sh
Extracting FSL sources...
Initializing repository...
Get git://android.git.linaro.org/tools/repo.git
fatal: unable to connect to android.git.linaro.org:
android.git.linaro.org[0: 91.189.95.33]: errno=Connection timed out

Do you face with problems like this, or just the red line error?

Regards

0 Kudos

MichaelWalz
Contributor I

Is there anything additional that I need to do to use the Linaro repositiories instead of kernel.org?

Please help

0 Kudos