OMG -- Where exactly is the "right stuff?"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG -- Where exactly is the "right stuff?"

PaulRobertson
Contributor I

I am new to kernel hacking and ltib.  I did purchase a QSB and now would like to "start quickly."  I am not new to embedded S/W, but after I have tried to use ltib to configure a Demo-image approximation and run into build error / hack after build error / hack, I am begging to (1) question my ability to follow directions; (2) wonder why it has to be so difficult to get a good over-view of where the correct version of BSP code and tools are, what the tools do and how they do it (e.g., required directory structure and files, where what output files end up, etc) AND (3) understand why Apple is kicking butt and straight Linux and/or Android is not.

But -- it's probably just some misunderstanding I have.  I still fully expect to get this sorted out.  I would appreciate some newbie assistance (please).

I have most recently started by running a script called "Ubuntu_LTIB_Android_setup.sh" on this vertual host with the following Linux version:

$ uname -a
   Linux Ubuntu_11_04_64bit_desktop 2.6.38-13-generic #56-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 14 12:39:59 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Can anyone tell me specifically where I can get THE best BSP-related files and ltib tooling?  Unfortunately, I also need a link to instruction on what to do with these files.  {e.g., I expect to need to un-tar/zip BSP and FSL MMX files somewhere, but do not know off hand where.  Additionally, I recall seeing requirements to "patch" -- how's that work).

???

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

Hi Paul,

Refer this_site

0 Kudos