Error while programming mc9s12c32

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while programming mc9s12c32

mdeepamenon
Contributor I
I faced a problem while trying to program the mc9s12c32  controller .
The error message i am getting is : Error loading the diagnostic algorithm or incorrect derivative selected.
I have chosen the HS12 family only.
I am using Metroworks codewarrior IDE V 3.1 and P& E USB multilink interface for programming.
Plz help to resolve the issue
Deepa.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Tomik
Contributor I
A was solving this problem today morning. The advantage was, that the MCU worked well yesterday and I made some changes on PCB, that I was aware of. I was trying normal single chip mode first and than expanded narrow mode. For the fisrt mode, I had to connect pins MODA and MODB to the ground (log. 0), the second mode needs MODB in log. 0  and MODA in log. 1 according to the datasheet. But after taht I changed the pin MODA from log. 0 to log. 1 by hardware pull-up, I haven't be able to burn the program to MCU and I saw the same error message as you wrote. So I disabled the pull-up on MODA and connected it to ground. And the burning worked again and I turned on the expanded narrow mode in processor expert and it works now almost without problems. I have to notice, that I'm using CodeWarrior v 5.7.0 for HCS12 MCUs with free license and Pemicro USB Multilink Rev. C.
0 Kudos

PhattieM
Contributor I
I had this problem yesterday.

If your code is running when you plug the board in you aren't able to flash it.  Therefore in the debug window of CW you need to go into communication->special tab->highlight "hot plugging".  This fixed my problem.
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello,

HS12 family does not exist.
MC9S12C32 is in the choice given by P&E USB Multilink.
If the device is not selected automatically, you have problems of communication/reset/power of the board.

Regards,
Alban.
0 Kudos

mdeepamenon
Contributor I
sorry , i have selected the correct family.(HC12) Both the set target and set derivative windows automatically detects my target .
When iam trying to burn the program, the non volatile memory control window appears and displays the above said error message. my program is not burned ultimately.

0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Ok,
If the device is selected properly automatically, it means your communication between the board and the MCU is proper.
Try and load an example software and see if you have an error.
Examples can be found in the CodeWarrior example folder.

If you don't see the error, it is because of the memory areas declared in your personal project.
If you do see the error, you may have a problem with your microcontroller or the way the debugger/cable are configured.

Cheers.
Alban.
0 Kudos