cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure my Image with VMWARE.

enaud
Contributor III

Hi,

on my pc with windows XP i've installed VMware for configure my kernel with a driver that is missing on SD image.

In VMWAre i've opened the file on DVD Ubuntu.vmx.

Now i view Ubuntu and i've installed LTIB with this command

cd /home/lucid/Desktop/L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_source

./install

i've lunched LTIB whit this command:

./ltib -c

Now how can install new image on SD with the driver for Sierra SL8092? thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

enaud
Contributor III

hi, i have this error:

Path to LTIB: /home/giuseppe/Scrivania/ltib/ltib

enaud_script.sh: 33: Syntax error: end of file unexpexted (expecting "fi")

i must first format my sd? and how?

0 Kudos

snirnisim
Contributor III

yes after putting it in the ltib dir run:

insert sd to host

cd ltib

sh ScriptName.sh

enter sudo password

0 Kudos

enaud
Contributor III

i must run script on terminal on VMware?

how lunch script?

0 Kudos

MarioMedinaArza
Contributor I

The script provided before, developed by SteveG, does all the stuff. You need it to run it under the directory where you have ltib script.

What it does:

- Copy u-boot to SD card

- Copy uImage (kernel) to SD Card

- Creates a new partition with ext3 filesystem

- Copy the file system that was built by ltib to the SD Card.

Otherwise, if you just require to update Kernel under the SD Card that comes with the system, you have to copy just the uImage file to the SD Card.

Under <ltib dir>/rootfs/boot is the uImage file. If your sd card is seen under /dev/sdb :

sudo dd if=uImage of=/dev/sdb bs=512 seek=2048 && sync && sync

Then, configure u-boot to read the kernel as stated in iMX5x_EVK_Ubuntu_10.04_Startup_Guide.

0 Kudos

enaud
Contributor III

i've building kernel with LTIB and now i have many directory. What i must do now?

i view in rootf/boot file uImage...

:S

0 Kudos

snirnisim
Contributor III

SteveG posted:

Here is a script I use (many thanks and acknowledgements to the original authors). You may need to adapt it for your own SD card device and paths - please don't use it until you have checked these- it is capable of erasing a drive! I place this in my ltib directory and run it from there in a terminal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#! /bin/sh

################################################################################ # # Flashes the images produced by LTIB on a block device # # By RL (Adeneo Embedded http://www.adeneo-embedded.com/) # Adapted by Steve G

# # USAGE: # ./flash_ltib.sh # # WARNING: reformats and partitions the block device! Make sure you are using # the correct device node! # ################################################################################

####################################### # Constants (customizable) #######################################

LTIB_PATH=$(pwd)

echo "Path to LTIB: $LTIB_PATH"

####################################### # Check input parameters #######################################

# IMPORTANT: YOU MAY NEED TO CHANGE THIS TO MATCH YOUR OWN DEVICE !!!!!!!!!!! SDCARD_DEV=/dev/sdb

# Simplify the device to its minimal expression SDCARD_DEV="$(dirname $SDCARD_DEV)/$(basename $SDCARD_DEV)"

if [ -z $SDCARD_DEV ]; then echo "\ERROR: Must set the destination device\n" echo "Syntax: $0 [device]" echo "Example: $0 /dev/sdg\n" exit 1 fi

# Make sure we are not trying to write to the primary partition if [ $SDCARD_DEV = "/dev/sda" ]; then echo "\nERROR: Forbidden to write to /dev/sda\n" echo "Syntax: $0 [device]" echo "Example: $0 /dev/sdg\n" exit 1 fi

# Check that we are writing to a block device if [ ! -b $SDCARD_DEV ]; then echo "\nERROR: $SDCARD_DEV is not a block device\n" exit 1 fi

####################################### # Copy the bootloader #######################################

BOOTLOADER_IMG=$LTIB_PATH/rootfs/boot/u-boot.bin

echo "Path to BOOTLOADER: $BOOTLOADER_IMG"

echo "Copying u-boot..." sudo dd if=$BOOTLOADER_IMG of=$SDCARD_DEV bs=512 || exit 1 sync

####################################### # Copy the kernel #######################################

KERNEL_IMG=$LTIB_PATH/rootfs/boot/uImage

echo "Path to KERNEL: $KERNEL_IMG"

echo "Copying kernel..." sudo dd if=$KERNEL_IMG of=$SDCARD_DEV bs=512 seek=2048 || exit 1 sync

####################################### # Create Partition Table #######################################

# Unmount everyone sudo umount ${SDCARD_DEV}*

# Check if the device name is mmcblkX if echo "${SDCARD_DEV}" | grep -q mmcblk; then PART_NAME=${SDCARD_DEV}p1 else PART_NAME=${SDCARD_DEV}1 fi

SIZE=`sudo fdisk -l ${SDCARD_DEV} | grep Disk | awk '{print $5}'` CYLINDERS=`echo $SIZE/8225280 | bc`

if [ $CYLINDERS -eq 0 ]; then echo "\nERROR: 0 cylinders\n" exit 1 fi

echo "DISK SIZE - $SIZE bytes" echo "CYLINDERS - $CYLINDERS"

# Create a single ext3 partition while leaving space for U-Boot and kernel { echo 4,,,* } | sudo sfdisk -H 255 -S 63 -C $CYLINDERS ${SDCARD_DEV}

# Format the ext3 partition echo "Formatting partition $PART_NAME..." sudo mkfs.ext3 $PART_NAME -L linux_ltib || exit 1

####################################### # Write the root filesytem #######################################

#echo "Writing root filesystem..."

mkdir -p sdcard && \ sudo mount $PART_NAME sdcard && \ sudo cp -rpav $LTIB_PATH/rootfs/* sdcard && \ sudo cp directfbrc sdcard/etc && \ sudo umount sdcard rmdir sdcard

sync && sync

# end of script

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you need to create .sh file with a unique name for example enaud_sd_script.sh and paste the above inside and save.

then put that file in ltib directory and make sure your sd is sdb (sudo fdisk -l)

if so insert your sd to host pc and run: "sh enaud_sd_script.sh" this will copy u-boot.bin kernel and root filesystem from ltib/rootfs to your sd. then put your micro sd to the qsb and set the enviroment for example as SteveG posted like this:

setenv lvds 'video=mxcdi0fb:RGB666,XGA ldb'

setenv lcd 'video=mxcdi0fb:RGB24,SEIKO-WVGA' setenv vga 'video=mxcdi1fb:GBR24,VGA-XGA di1_primary tve' setenv hdmi 'video=mxcdi0fb:RGB24,1024x768M@60'

setenv bootcmd_obds 'ext2load mmc 0:1 0x70800000 /unit_tests/obds.bin; go 70800000' setenv bootargs_base 'setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 ${vga}' setenv bootargs_nfs 'setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/nfs ip=dhcp nfsroot=${serverip}:${nfsroot},v3,tcp' setenv bootcmd_net 'run bootargs_base bootargs_nfs; tftpboot ${loadaddr} ${kernel}; bootm' setenv bootargs_mmc 'set bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait'

setenv bootcmd_mmc 'run bootargs_base bootargs_nfs bootargs_mmc; mmc dev 0; mmc read ${loadaddr} 0x800 0x1800; bootm'

setenv bootcmd 'run bootcmd_mmc'

saveenv

this will let you enter as root to your file system.

hope it helps.

0 Kudos

enaud
Contributor III

what script? i view 10 script and how to use script? i dont know

0 Kudos

snirnisim
Contributor III

check this disscussion:

http://imxcommunity.org/group/imx53quickstartboard/forum/topics/u-boot-build-problem-in-ltib-and-cre...

i asked that over there. you can use the script provided there for that.

0 Kudos

enaud
Contributor III

ok and after i rebuild all file. Where is image .bin? what i must put on SD?

0 Kudos

snirnisim
Contributor III

you need to choose [*] configure kernel in the ltib config menu and the choose the driver in the device drivers section and rebuild the kernel. you may also need to include some packages to support it which i'm not familier with.

0 Kudos