Building toolchain for IMX.53 board using crosstool-ng, missing files.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building toolchain for IMX.53 board using crosstool-ng, missing files.

JonathanS_Romer
Contributor I

On the DVD included with my IMX.53 starter kit there is a file called L2.6.35_11.1.00_ER_docs.tar.gz.

Inside this archive is a document entitled "GCC 4.4.4 multilib toolchain release notes". This document describes how to build a multilib cross toolchain using crosstools-ng.

It references several files, among them are

1) toolchain_gcc4.4.4_community_patches_v1.0.tar.bz2

2) toolchain_gcc4.4.4_Freescale_patches_v1.0.tar.bz2

3) toolchain_gcc4.4.4_multilib_build_script_v1.0.tar.bz2

Where can I get these files?

Cheers,

Jonathan S. Romero

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

milliways
Contributor II

Thanks, Randy!  It builds just fine for me on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, already having reconfigured sh to bash as I use this VM for my LTIB builds.

Randy Krakora said:

Look no further. :)

0 Kudos

bikenomad
Contributor III

That's a good fix.

You can change Ubuntu's default /bin/sh (system-wide) to bash using:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

However, this will slow down bootup and eat more memory in your VM.

Alternatively, there is a tool to check for bash-specific extensions used in scripts, called checkbashisms

I'm sure that it would be appreciated by the crosstool-NG maintainers if these patches were submitted against crosstool-NG, and the i.mx53 added as a CT-NG example.

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

All,

Beware the script errors, had a couple VMs, one that failed, once that didn't, this was difficult to track down, but basically, the VM that worked had /bin/sh linked to bash, while on the VM that failed, /bin/sh was linked to dash. An easy fix is to modify the scripts from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash.

Other than that the instructions seemed to work, I have built it successfully now.

Regards,

Randy Krakora

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you do run through the instructions, can you post your results?

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look no further. :)

0 Kudos

milliways
Contributor II

Yup, still looking for them ;)

Randy Krakora said:

Still need these files?

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Still need these files?

0 Kudos

milliways
Contributor II

I have the same question.  Does anyone know where these patches be found, or how to rebuild gcc-4.4.4-glibc-2.11.1-multilib-1.0-1.i386.rpm?  Is everyone using this external toolchain in their builds, or is there a toolchain with vfpv3/neon support?

I'd prefer to use OpenEmbedded (or Yocto, if I could figure out how the two do/don't relate) as a build system rather than LTIB, but prefer to use an optimized toolchain rather than a stock build.

Thanks.

0 Kudos