cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need SLCDC reference and resources.

ajithpv
Contributor V

Hi all,
Our requirement is that the LCD module should be controlled through the SLCDC(Smart Liquid Crystal Display Controller) which support by the i.MX25 platform in linux-2.6.31 kernel.

We using i.MX257 processor and 'Brilliant Display VTM88766B' LCD module for achieving this requirement. The LCD module is 128x64 dots 8-bit monochrome LCD.

We got the information regarding the SLCDC and it's registers from the i.MX25RM document, but we couldn't able to locate the respective registers in the linux-2.6.31 kernel!

So, I hereby request you to provide the register reference in the respective kernel as well as  reference driver code for the SLCDC.

Thanks in advance

Ajith P V

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ajithpv
Contributor V

Thanks a lot Vladan, I found one sample SLCDC driver in the i.MX27 linux kernel. We are not using the frame buffer integration hence, HSYNC and VSYNC won't come into the picture! Even though the driver which got from i.MX27 is using the Frame buffer, The structural allocation is same as that of our needs. I'm digging more on this driver now...

Vladan Jovanovic said:

You might want to compare the registers with i.MX27 to see if the SLCDC is the same (or similar) and try to re-use drivers from i.MX27. I believe there was an example driver for i.MX27 in the Linux BSP...

0 Kudos

erickang
Contributor II

Dear ajithpv,

I'm finding the SLCDC driver sample for Mono LCD 128x64 in MX25.

Could you share the reference code via E-Mail?

My E-Mail address is eric_kang@stc-corp.co.kr

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You might want to compare the registers with i.MX27 to see if the SLCDC is the same (or similar) and try to re-use drivers from i.MX27. I believe there was an example driver for i.MX27 in the Linux BSP...

0 Kudos