snir nisim

fully functional vga terminal

Discussion created by snir nisim on Feb 22, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 24, 2012 by snir nisim

hello everyone,

well finally i got a new uSD card with u-boot kernel and fs.

the only thing now is that i'm not having a fully functional terminal in vga... actually i'm not having nothing in vga( no penguin or anything...) , just in hyperterminal (with usb to serial).

my enviromnet looks like that:

MX53-LOCO U-Boot > printenv primaryrt clock    : mxc_

bootdelay=3beo stop au

baudrate=115200river module lo

loadaddr=0x70800000oot:  3 i.MXC CPU

netdev=eth0verHzt_comp

ethprime=FEC0e c DVFS PER

uboot=u-boot.binedz o stop auto

nfsroot=/opt/eldk/armersion 2.2. (NAND) ©

ethact=FEC0d Hat, Inc.

serverip=10.0.0.138333333Hz constraint

ipaddr=10.0.0.105 has been set to

kernel=uImaget:  3 key to

boot_mmc=run bootargs_base bootargs_mmc; mmc dev 0; mmc read ${loadaddr} 0x800 0 loaded.05:46 UTC (346)nd Buffe e io scheduler noop registered                  x1800;bootm         

vga=video=mxcdi1fb:GBR24,VGA-XGA di1_primary tveeady disabled 9f-HID v1.11 Mouse [Logitech USB O

hdmi=video=mxcdi0fb:RGB24,1024x768M@60ady uninitialized 9 got MAC address fr bootargs_nfs=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/nfs ip=dhcp nfsroot=${serveri p}:${nfsroot},v3,tcp

bootcmd_net=run bootargs_base bootargs_nfs; tftpboot ${loadaddr} ${kernel}; boot m

bootargs_mmc=set bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait

bootcmd_mmc=run bootargs_base bootargs_mmc; mmc dev 0; mmc read ${loadaddr} 0x80 0 0x1800; bootm

bootcmd=run bootcmd_mmc

stdin=serial

stdout=serial

stderr=serial

Environment size: 1086/8188 bytes

and if i'm not stopping autoboot i'm login with "root" and getting root@freescale ~$ prompt.

1) how can i modified it to have: sata access, ethernet and a fully functional terminal in the vga that i can use with a usb keyboard?

2) is there any document that describes all the enviroment variables possebilties and syntax? where can i find it?

3) how can i update only the kernel in the uSD?

4) how can i make the board compile and run the project code automaticly after startup?

i know i've asked a lot of questions but i think it's better then open a new thread for each one of them.

please replay even if you have answer to just one of the quiestion.

thanks,

snir.

Outcomes