IMX28 EVK boots from NAND only first time. Errors 0x80508002 on reset.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX28 EVK boots from NAND only first time. Errors 0x80508002 on reset.

Prashanth1z
Contributor II

Hi,

I am working to get linux to boot from NAND device, but the board boots correctly only first time after flashing. On reset it gives an error code of 0x80508002. When I took a hexdump of the boot partition just after flashing and after first boot, I observed that FCB and DBBT blocks are corrupted by some UBI info. I don;t understand why is that happening. I have attached the hexdump of first 1MB of boot partition before and after first boot.

I am using a UBI rootfs image to be written on to the mtd1 partition using nandwrite utility througfh Mfgtool. Attached is the ucl.xml file.

following are the commands that i am using to create ubi image file of rootfs.

mkfs.ubifs -m 2048 -e 126976 -c 2048 -r ./rootfs.tmp -o rootfs.ubi.img

ubinize -p 128KiB -m 2048 -s 2048 -o ubi.img cfg.ini

contents of cfg.ini
-----------------------
[ubifs]
mode=ubi
image=./rootfs.ubi.img
vol_id = 0
vol_size =128MiB
vol_type=dynamic
vol_name=rootfs0

My kernel command line is

noinitrd console=ttyAM0,115200 ubi.mtd=1 root=ubi0:rootfs0 rootfstype=ubifs rw gpmi

My imx28EVK has Micron's MT29F2G08ABAEAWP which is 2GB capacity. I have created 3 partitions in it by modifying the gpmi-nfc-mil.c source.

mtd0 - 20MB -- boot partition
mtd1 - 256MB -- rootfs
mtd2 - rest of memory -- no specific use

I have attached the complete log of flashing and booting from NAND for reference. I could not make out what could be the issue. Does anyone have any clue on what's wrong with my procedure. Any help or clue would greatly help me.

Thanks

GP

Original Attachment has been moved to: 308-Attachments.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies