cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi on imx51

Poo
Contributor II

Hi,

Has anyone enabled wifi on imx51 board using wl1271 wifi chip. I'm able to do a scan using iwlist and get the AP's, I'm not able to work it out using the wpa_supplicant. Please provide some pointers.

Thank you

Poo

Tags (1)
5 Replies

mbp
Contributor V

Did you manage to get it working as well?   I am looking into adding WiFi support our our mx51 bbg variant.   Hoping you could share any tips or pitfalls!   THX!   :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

app025
Contributor III

Hi Mike,

please have a look at u-mobo/linux-imx · GitHub

The branch imx_2.6.35.14 contains a series of patches applied to both mmc and wl1271 drivers.

Basically you should be able to apply all the patches dated 2, 7 and 16 December 2012.

You can then refer to arch/arm/mach-mx5/mx53_umobo.c file for driver references.

My Two Cents

Regards

Gigi

mbp
Contributor V

FYI:  The Silex Wi-Fi modules as utilized by the Mx6 will work with both the Mx51 and Mx53 as well.  Simply follow the instructions as provided by Silex (regardless of Mx53 or Mx51) - setting up based on the drivers provided in your release and adding a new .bin file.

mike

0 Kudos

Poo
Contributor II

I got my wifi working from the android GUI, now the UI automatically scans for AP and gets connected with an AP and I'm able to browse.

0 Kudos

app025
Contributor III

Hi Po,

I'm trying to play with Android for iMX53 QSB and WL1271, but with no success.

I patched wpa_supplicant_6 to emulate missing command, but still no joy.

Can you give me any suggestion?

Thanks

Gigi

0 Kudos