cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx53 QSB - not booting up

rajam
Contributor I

Hi all 

We have bought one Freescale Imx53 QSB last November and we have been using the same for our new hardware board design and software application development in Android. 

Suddenly we have been seeing issues with the board and sequence of observations are as follows:

i) first the unit was not receiving the characters through Uart serial port and we started fixing the bootargs in Uboot code for using HDMI interface. 

ii) recently the application was not coming up on both VGA and HDMI and we checked the boot log. We observed that the I2C communication with the PMIC has failed. 

Now we need the board in operating condition for our further proceedings. Is there a way to get it serviced/ replaced. 

Thanks and regards

Rajam

Qmax Systems

Chennai, India

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

rlorriaux
Contributor I

Hi Rajam,

If you are using the MC34708 PMIC, you will need to work with the r4.2 Android release. This is the first version that fully supports it.

Best regards,

Remi Lorriaux - Adeneo Embedded

0 Kudos

rajam
Contributor I

Sorry for the previous  message - here is the summary;

1. First we bought QSB with Dialog PMIC (through our customers) which failed and we have the non working unit now. 

2. We again ordered QSB which came with Freescale MC34708 PMIC and this too has failed now. The boot log says that I2C communication with PMIC is failed. The unit is not working now and it would be great if we could get it serviced or replaced. 

3. We have now designed a board using Freescale imx53 processor using MC34709 PMIC. We have concerns on reliability and stability of working of the board. 

Kindly share your suggestions. 

Thanks and regards

Rajam

Qmax Systems

0 Kudos

rajam
Contributor I

Thanks a lot for responding. 

Freescale MC34709 is the PMIC in our board. 

Regards

Rajam 

Qmax Systems, Chennai

0 Kudos

marshachang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rajam, 

Which board do you have?  The MCIMX53-START board (Dialog PMIC)?  Or the MCIMX53-START-R board (Freescale MC34708 PMIC)?

Marsha

0 Kudos