cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LINUX BSP for PPC8248 tweak.

aus_warrior
Contributor I
hi warriors
I am new to the Codewarrior IDE, I have codewarrior running on a windows machine.
I am using a EV8248 board with preflashed Linux BSP. I wish to tweak the BSP to suit my needs.
Is it possible to view/modify the Linux BSP on the codewarrior running on windows or do I require codewarrior
running on a linux box?? or will ELDK/cygwin suffice??
Any help would be much appreciated.:smileywink:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Voxan
Contributor III
Hi there,

If you need to tweak the BSP image you'll need to fisrt get that BSP, install it on a host machine (Lunix box), our BSPs are mainly based on LTIB now, (some are still on PCS). Once installed you'll be able to tweak configuration and rebuild it and deplyed it. That what LTIB (or PCS) are made for.

Now becasue you need a Linux box to deal with BSPs, I would recommand to use CW Linux hosted version.

In order to reflash you board with bootloader/kernel... you'll need CW (Windows or Linux hosted it does not matter) flash programmer tool.

the CW Professional Edition (Windows hosted) does not feature the Linux awareness, CW Platform Edition (Linux hosted is). That is essential to debug Linux kernel and kernel modules.

Hope this helps...

Best Regards
0 Kudos