cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart after Powerdown

MarcusMaller
Contributor I

Hi all,

we have found a strange behaviour with the i.MX535 QSB (DA9053 PMIC): After the board has been powered down (either by pressing the power button for 5s or via SW) it is not possible to power it up again. It shows the Green/Red LED normally seen when the board is powered down but it does not start up if the power button is pressed.

It is impossible to power the board up again without first removing the power supply

We have observed this with different QS Boards and also with our own board design which is based on the QSB.

Any idea why that happens?

Marcus

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

MarcusMaller
Contributor I

Thank you for this information. I will request it from Dialog.

Marcus

0 Kudos

TureNielsen
Contributor I

Hi Marcus,

This SW patch have proven to solve a similar lockup issue and I would think that this could solve your issue as well.

Regards

Ture

0 Kudos

MarcusMaller
Contributor I

Hi Ture,

thank you for your tip. However, as this also happens when the board did not even load U-Boot I do not think that it is a driver problem. I think it is a hardware / design problem.

I will contact Dialog anyways, perhaps they have an idea.

Marcus

0 Kudos

TureNielsen
Contributor I

Hi Marcus,

I belive that this could be due to the fact that you havent got the latest driver for the PMIC. Could you try to request the latest drivers from Dialog and check if this doesnt fix the issue you have seen? You can request the drivers @

http://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/register_driver.php?product=DA9053

Best Regards

Ture Nielsen

0 Kudos