cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC1321-SARD - Analyse different topologies using BeeStack

nanwhiz20
Contributor I
Hi ZigBeeficator,

I'm trying to analyse different topologies using BeeStack. I'm currently working with MC1321-SARD and EVB boards. I tried to work with the HA On/Off light application but couldn't get more than 2 devices to bind at a time. :smileysad:

Kindly guide on how I may go about establishing a star network to begin with  (ie. a co-ordinator and multilpe end devices).
What application should I use?

My aim is to gain enough knowledge to be  able to  build my own  custom application employing an efficient network.

Thanks

--
Alban edit: post split + rename

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-04-20 05:49 PM

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

UdovdM
Contributor I
Hi Nanwhiz20,

I think you have to give them all different MAC-addresses. It helped me to get the third device to work.
I am working with My Wireless App from 802.15.4 MAC PHY Software 1.063 , not from BeeKit.
You can change it in NV_DATA.c line 174    (Big Endian)

Udo

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-04-20 05:50 PM

0 Kudos

nanwhiz20
Contributor I
Hi Again Udo,

You were right in giving all the devices different Mac addresses. I found tat even though I specified the MAC adds. in the beekit, tey weren't registerd in the source code file (NV_DATA.c). I had to hard code them myself and re-compile. However, even after that only devices bind at one time. I am unable to get the 3rd/ more devices to bind. Any ideas?

Are there any debugging techniques I could use? How do I perform in-circuit debugging and where do I put the breakpoint?

Thanks
0 Kudos

nanwhiz20
Contributor I
Hi Udo,

Thanks for that.
I did give all the devices their individual MAC addresses (found at the back of the board), while configuring them as coordinator/end-device.  Anthing else, u reckon I cd try?

Thanks again

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-04-20 05:50 PM

0 Kudos