cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green videos when using Gstreamer's videorate and mfw_vpuencoder

frederic_coiffi
Contributor II

Hello,

On the i.MX53 QSB, I'm using a GStreamer pipeline to generate an RTP stream and until now, it worked fine with H.264 output. But, as I needed to reduce the framerate of my video, I tried the usual 'videorate' plugin provided by GStreamer.

But when I insert the videorate plugin in my pipeline (even if I don't modify the framerate !!), I get a green video (see attachment) :

gst-launch -v mfw_v4lsrc capture-width=720 capture-height=576 ! videorate ! mfw_vpuencoder codec-type=std_avc ! avimux ! filesink location=/tmp/test.avi

(VLC doesn't recognize the video but I can read it with mplayer, DragonPlayer and GStreamer)

If I remove the videorate, it works fine :

gst-launch -v mfw_v4lsrc capture-width=720 capture-height=576 ! mfw_vpuencoder codec-type=std_avc ! avimux ! filesink location=/tmp/test.avi

I use the L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_source with IMX_MMCODECS_11.09 and the latest update L2.6.35_MX53_201112_Patches.

Is there someone who uses the same videorate plugin ? Is it a known problem and is there a workaround ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

janiscoders
Contributor III

I think we solved this problem recently. The problem was probably because videorate is waiting for I420 colorspace format, and that can be created using hardware accelerated mfw_ipucsc or by ffmpegcolorspace, which isn't accelerated.

gst-launch-0.10 -e mfw_v4lsrc capture-width=640 capture-height=480 num-buffers=2550 ! mfw_ipucsc ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)I420' ! videorate ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=(fraction)30/1' ! mfw_vpuencoder codec-type=2 bitrate=0 ! avimux name=mux ! filesink location=variableFramerate_2.avi

0 Kudos

augusto
Contributor II

Hello,

mfw_v4lsrc provides an interleaved video format (NV12), you should try adding mfw_deinterlacer plugin before videorate.

0 Kudos

swroch
Contributor I

Hello,

I have the same problem with im51 when I am trying to use 'videoscale' plugin. Maybe you know the way to rescale and deinterlace video?

0 Kudos