cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux IPU libs & drivers

MartinDevera
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm a bit lost in IPU control in Linux. It seems there is driver in 2.6.35 and related ipu-lib 11.5.1. The driver sems to have IOCTLS for channel contrrol, camera control, ADC control... Then there is ipu-lib wrapping these IOCTLS and ipu-lib-hl which probably uses these to make flow control simpler.

Then there is new kernel driver exporting IPU_QUEUE_TASK interface and interestingly lib 11.9.1 which has own copy of ipu.h (because in-kernel one is no longer compatible). I don't see reason why it the lib there when the kernel doesn't support it and imx-tests are not using it (it uses new IOCTLs).

New IPU_QUEUE_TASK seems nice for user but there are missing these low level functions (channel linking, ADC control, CSU control) - when one needs to read from camera or HW mpeg decoder then user is supposed to write own driver and/or use v4l2 ?

I'm looking for some answers as I'd like to write our app in correct and future proof way :-)

Thanks to anyone with some insight.

Martin 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

MartinDevera
Contributor I

look for imx-test-11.09.01.tar.gz

and file

test/mxc_ipudev_test/mxc_ipudev_test.c

0 Kudos

MaartenBlomme
Contributor I

Found it. Version 11.09.01 apparently supports this.

0 Kudos

MaartenBlomme
Contributor I

I looked for it but couldn't find that version. Where did you get i?

thanks!

0 Kudos

MartinDevera
Contributor I

Yes, I used latest imx-tests package as example and it works now.

0 Kudos

MaartenBlomme
Contributor I

Have you been able to solve this by now? We had to switch to 2.6.38 (i.MX53) but I can't find any examples how to interface with the new IPU driver (IPU_QUEUE_TASK and such).

0 Kudos