cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MfgTool driver vs. ATK driver

ChrisWilliamson
Contributor III

[Question]

I just got back from a customer that was complaining that the imx53 mfg tool’s USB driver overwrote or corrupted the imx35’s ATK driver???

Anyone else have this issue?  How can they get around it?

[Answer]

You can switch back and forth between the driver the ATK uses and the driver the MfgTool uses in DeviceManager. 

1. Right-click on the device in device manager and select Update Driver Software…
  2. Select No, not this time. (Do not connect to the internet to look for a new driver)
  3. Select Install from a list or specific location
  4. Choose Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install
  5. Choose either:
    1. “Freescale i.MX?? USB BulkIO Device” for the MfgTool or
    2. “MX5?” for the ATK
0 Kudos
3 Replies

StanleyLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carl,

i.MX23 needn't special driver to be installed, it is HID device.

If you mentioned i.MX53, then mfgtool already support Win 7.

We discussed Linux version Mfgtool, but seems we have no plan on this in short term.

0 Kudos

cbo19
Contributor I

Hi Stanley, 

For the i.MX23 we are having to do the same in Vista re run an XP virtual machine to get this manufacturing tool to work with i.MX23 recovery. Is the manufacturing tool intended to be supported in later versions of windows? How about Linux? We will be relying on the USB port to do our production floor programming using the manufacturing tool so the faster and simpler the better. 

0 Kudos

StanleyLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks, Chris! I believe it is quite useful for some customers.

It reminds me another case I met recently: customers want to use ATK in Win7 which doesn't support ATK driver, so  they tried it in a WinXP virtual machine and it worked. This can be treaded as a workaround way in Win 7.

0 Kudos