AnsweredAssumed Answered

rtshc08.c MC9S08GB60 bootloader in C

Question asked by Ake Jacks??n on Apr 16, 2007
Latest reply on Apr 17, 2007 by Ake Jacks??n
Hello!
I have seen that this issu have been discussed before.

I try to create an application in C that is able to erase the FLASH in MC9S08GB60 and reprogram it with a new version of the application.

Everything works fine: I am able to create a special SEGMENTS for the "bootloader" and I am able to erase the main() function and reprogram the same data again to restore the main() function.

But when I try to erase the functions that belongs to RTSHC08.C and MC9S08GB60.C and reprogram the same data again it fails. I can not reboot the application and start to execute it again. (Why can I not erase and reprogram these functions is it some thing special with these functions?)

So I like to move the functions in the table below to the SECTOR where the rest of the bootloader is placed.  How can I do this?

When I add the file, RTSHC08.C, to my project I get a number of error two of these are:

L1919 dublicate definition of _IDIVU_8
L1919 dublicate definition of _IMODU_8

I did not remove ansiis.lib from my project so maybe this is the problem.  Is the whole ansiis.lib based on just this file or is it a pakage of files?

My main question is how can I direct this lib or functions to correct CODE_SEG is it possible to use
#pragma CODE_SEG FAR APPL_ROM_SEG or something like this?

CrasyCat suggested earlier the following: change the link order it comes first and then adapt the content of your local rtshc08.c..

It did not help to change the link order. Instead I moved the SECTIONS:

DEFAULT_ROM, ROM_VAR, STRINGS, COPY  INTO  BOOTLOADER_ROM.

If we add new code to our project in the feture will some of the code be placed in this section by default?  I planning to suround all the application code with following pragma:

#pragma CODE_SEG FAR APPL_ROM_SEG.

will it be enough?

MODULE:                 -- RTSHC08.C.o (ansiis.lib) --
PROCEDURES:
_PUSH_ARGS_L                                182C      20      32       1   .text       
_ENTER_UNARY_L                            184C      29      41       1   .text       
_ENTER_BINARY_L_RC                    1875      19      25       1   .text       
_LCMP_k_rel_j                                    188E      1F      31       1   .text       
_LINC                                                  18AD      16      22       2   .text       
_LCMP_RC                                         18C3       6       6       2   .text       
_POP32                                              18C9      1A      26       2   .text    

Ajn 

Message Edited by ajn on 2007-04-1603:56 PM

Message Edited by ajn on 2007-04-1604:02 PM

Outcomes