USB P&E Multilink VERYslow with Codewarrior

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB P&E Multilink VERYslow with Codewarrior

Adam
Contributor III
I am desperately trying to find out some info to try and fix a slow USB Multilink cable.  Using Codewarrior v5.7 for Coldfire Compiler v6.3 and Debugger v6.3 using P&E drivers v2.11.  The target is a Coldfire 5232.

We have a .elf file that is 1.3mb that is taking upwards of 5-7 minutes to download.  Judging from the P&E documentation, it should be able to handle 50kbytes per second.  So, I would think this is taking a ton longer than it should.

In the Codewarrior IDE, the Remote Debugger setting for the project is set for PEMICRO_USB with a speed setting of 0 (Fastest).

It just interests me that the same application can be downloaded via Wind River SingleStep with a parallel P&E BDM within a minute.

Can anyone help?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Although this is for the eclipse based CodeWarrior, that post has download performance numbers for the P&E Multilink:
http://mcuoneclipse.wordpress.com/2012/02/26/men-in-black-are-back-flashing-and-fxing/

BK

0 Kudos

marc_paquette
Contributor V
I've heard reports of faulty cables and even buggy USB ports on the host machine, but these problems are unlikely.

Most likely, the problem stems from some configuration that needs to be tweaked. Have you checked out this thread?

Let us know if you need more help.

Marc.
0 Kudos