How to use “imageupdate” tool on WinCE 6.0 EVK28.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use “imageupdate” tool on WinCE 6.0 EVK28.

MarcCoussement
Contributor I

How to use  “imageupdate” tool on WinCE 6.0 EVK28.

Hi,

Could anybody confirm if the Image update tool “imageupdate.exe” is working on WinCE EVK28?

According the “i.MX28 Windows Embedded CE 6.0 BSP Reference Manual” (see attachment) “NAND Redundant Boot” it should be possible to update a running WinCE image. However to my findings it is not working.

The tool need a “*.sb” file but it is not defined how this SB file should be build. Is this the same file as we use to but the image on the NAND the first time???

Any input appreciated  

Marc,WinCeRedundantBoot1%20%282%29.pdf

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

MarcCoussement
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

I am using the MfgTool for production and engineering successfully.

However I need an easy way for field updates by the customer or remote. For this I need to use the “updatetool.exe” This should do the job, by transferring one file and launch the updatetool. According the “i.MX28 Windows Embedded CE 6.0 BSP Reference Manual” (see attachment) “NAND Redundant Boot” it should be possible. However it does not work. And I am search somebody that can confirm if this freescale feature is working.

Marc

0 Kudos

markwilliams
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I see this thread was never concluded. I too would like to be able to update images from a running OS (i.e. for field updates).

According to the manual:

1. Run ImageUpdate.exe

2. Select the new image(*.sb)

3. Click OK. The image is updated and the system reboots.

4. Ensure that this startup is from new image.

5. A message is displayed asking the user to continue updating.

6. Click NO.

7. Power OFF the device and power ON.

8. After this startup, a message is displayed asking the user to recover.

9. Click YES to continue. The image is recovered and the system reboots.

10. Ensure that this startup is from the old image

Running ImageUpdate.exe does not seem to do anything. Can anyone confirm if this application is complete or if it needs further work.

Mark

0 Kudos

StanleyLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Don't use the tool. The formal tool is Mfgtool tool. Please join in Mfgtool forum to find all you need. If you still have something need my help. Please post it in Mfgtool forum. I will answer you.

0 Kudos

MarcCoussement
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, converting the *.nb0 to *.sb is no problem however it is not working with the “imageupdate.exe” tool. Are you using this update tool?

Marc,

0 Kudos

x10
Contributor V

*.SB can be built with sysgen in PB which has a PostMakeImg.bat to do some convert from *.nb0 to *.sb.

Cheng Shi

0 Kudos