USBICP.exe Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBICP.exe Problem

periklis
Contributor I
I have made an OSBDM board. I am trying to programm it for the first time. I installed the drivers for windows sucesfuly. So each time i connect the board to the usb port it is recognized as a motorola device.
The problem is that when i am trying to run usbicp.exe it dosnt do enything. The programm wont start. I am running windows xp_sp2. Can someone help me?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

slawko
Contributor I

Hi,

I have the same problem like periklis. I used the USBICP.exe some time before and I didnt have any problem just for now. The program do nothing. I try on my other PC with no success. I alsow format my system and load clear XP. Anyone HELP?, PLEASE!!!.

0 Kudos

slawko
Contributor I

So... I resolve..... Everyone who the same problem must install a Microsoft Office then USBICP.exe is working. It is not a joke!!! I dont know why but is working with this program. If you uninstall program the problem return. Someone know why???

0 Kudos

periklis
Contributor I
It seems that i have a problem with the computer and not with the osbdm board. Every time i run the usbisp.exe it dosnt start. I meen it dosnt do enything. Even when i pressed ctr+alt+del to watch the proceses that are runing i noticed that the usbicp apears only for a second in the proceces window and then it desapears again. I have donload it many times and it has always the same behavior. Tomorrow i will try it on an other computer to see what will hapen.
0 Kudos

UcTechnoGeek
Contributor II
I have heard this from other people.

It is a computer problem.  Maybe a virus scanner or firewall issue in Windows.  I don't know the exact problem yet, but using a different computer always seems to work.

uCTechnoGeek
0 Kudos

periklis
Contributor I
I did change the 10nf to 100nf and i still get the same behavior. The device is recognized by windows as a Motorola JB16/JG16 ICP device , but usbicp.exe wont run.
0 Kudos

periklis
Contributor I
At the begining i dint had a capacitor on the reset pin. Then my problem was that i couldnt install the windows drivers. Every time i pluged the osbdm in the usb i was geting a fault message. Then i put a 10 nf on the reset pin ( i hadnt read about the 100nf ) and windows found new hardware and i installed the drivers. My problem now is that usbicp.exe dosnt do enything. It dosnt start and i dont get any message. How does the program respond to you if you try to run it whitout having the osbdm pluged into your computer?
I will now try to change the 10nf with a 100nf.

Message Edited by periklis on 2007-04-1509:32 AM

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi,

I don't have the OSBDM plugges in right now.
If I start USBISP.exe it first shows an Open File dialogue looking for the correct "Personal File" (*.imp)
I choose one.
Then it throws up a very small window complaining Error in calling Open_Device()!
If I OK that it still shows the main window of the programme.

What do you get?

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi periklis,

Have you seen this thread:

Have you a 0.1uf on reset? Do you have oscillations?

I have ONLY used the USB software on WinXP SP2.

0 Kudos